Chapter 2 - First Date

Hyewon grabbed her purse and phone. It was the end of the shift of course. Then went to Hendery who was still in front of the computer, charging the patients.

He's so handsome when he's focused
but still, nothing can beat his smile.

"Sir Hendery, why don't you ask Minju out? That way she won't be nervous around boy much and maybe understand them more." She suggested.

Hendery smirked and finished his work before standing up. "Minju's not really good at expressing her feelings well. Her emotions get mixed up and the next thing you know, she's angry at something." Hendery smiled while mentioning Minju.

So they're both pretty close because he can talk about Minju's personality.

"I think Minju's aware that Xiaojun likes her, but she's just not sure what to do when people starts liking her. She's a shy person you know. It even made it hard to find a job for her. She only attended the job interview for this because her friend Kriesia works here. She agreed to attend the interview if Kriesia will interview her." Hendery explained. "She can only like and obsesses over a person who doesn't like her. At least that's what Kriesia told me."

"Then try to ask her out. That way she's going to experience it. She would know what to do next time." Hyewon still persuaded Hendery. The truth is, if Minju really only likes a person who doesn't like her back, she would lose interest.

Ever since this morning, Hyewon developed a tiny crush on Hendery, but it grew overtime, and it grew pretty fast.

And then the ICU incident came and she first saw Minju. She started to realize that Hendery wasn't treating her special. That's how he treats all the girls that he's friends with.

She wanted Minju out of the way.

It would be easy if she starts to fall for Xiaojun.

Girls tend to fall for the person they hate the most. In Minju's case, she hates Xiaojun so much but that hatred made them close and comfortable to talk with each other.

"Well, I kinda want to take her to this new cafe. She would love it there. She and Kriesha loves coffee. Maybe that'll take away her stress dealing with Xiaojun all afternoon." He said excitedly and went ahead to the stockroom where Minju would usually rest.

Apparently, inside the stockroom was silent and stress free. You can't even hear the telephone there.

"Minju, can I talk to you for a sec?" Hendery asked while Minju was packing her bags and then went to his desk, preparing himself to ask Minju something that she didn't want to hear. She might be disgusted after this.

Of course, since it was Hendery, she said yes and went up to him right away.

"Can we go out before you go home?" He asked.

Minju was startled. She couldn't believe that God finally answered her prayers.

"Sure. I'd love to." Minju excitedly agreed right away. Hendery was shocked. That not how she responds on Xiaojun. She would usually made her gag and tremble in disgust.

Hendery won't deny, Xiaojun's a really handsome guy. If only he has a sister, he would introduce her to Xiaojun. He does his job passionately, and he's a hard worker. They used to be workmates. It was until Xiaojun decided to pursue nursing instead. The very next day after that, Kriesha brought Minju for the interview.

"There's this new cafe called 'Treasure Box' and it's all over social media. It has a different ambiance from a typical cafe. The cafe is located at the terrace of the 7th floor. The view is stunning, at the pictures." Hendery showed the photos. It looks like a rooftop club to Minju except they open 8AM to 11PM. It would be completely safe. Unless they go some place else after.