Chapter 27 - Beauty

Yujin was acting normal the next day as if she really believed that Yangyang would never know that it was her trying to sabotage his relationship with Hyewon.

He won't confront her of course. It's useless to confront someone whose not open minded. Minds are like parachutes, it only works when it's open. Apparently hers would lead into a gutter.

He walked past her as if she's wearing the cloak of invisibility, reviewing the charts and the appointments list. This is the downside of working with someone who holds on to a burden. The problem will show in work and reflect in performance.

A patient was rushed after accidentally lacerating her skin for trying to catch a falling knife. She was said to be cutting onions when she got distracted and almost dropped the knife. She should've dropped the knife. Her palm now has a long cut in the middle.

She might not be able to cook for two weeks. Yangyang cleaned the wound gently but the girl seem to not mind her wound though it was deep and keeps on bleeding. She's got to be a tough girl.

"Name?" Yujin asked the person who accompanied her. She looks so bored and so done with people. Yangyang was wrong, this girl is nowhere near Hyewon.

"Mark Lee." The guy answered.

Yujin rolled her eyes and pointed at the patient. "Her name! Not you! Stupid!" She yelled as if she's not talking to people who was just in panic a minute ago. She was supposed to calm them down, not yell at them. Maybe this is why she couldn't get a work on the city.

She has a very bad attitude and no patient would appreciate being yelled at.

"Koo Eunji." The guy answered shyly.

"Good, you can actually understand what I'm saying." She scowled, glancing at Mark's old shirt. He looks like he can't afford the treatment. She also glanced at Koeun and noticed that there are holes on her dress.

They look like they can't pay for the treatment.

"Yangyang! Don't open the gauze yet. Look for a cloth. I don't think they brought money." She said out loud which was rude. Yangyang thought so too.

He opened the gauze placing it on the wound, then took a woven gauze, wrapping it around Eunji's wound. "There, you might take a break from cooking for a while. Make sure you don't hold anything infectious and unsanitary. Come here if you can't clean it by yourself. Preferably early in the morning." He said ignoring Yujin who was already waving her ha d at Yangyang to get his attention.

Mark Lee let the 'stupid' remark a pass but he's had enough of this rude lady. He slapped a 100,000 won in front of her which was too much for the cleaning of the wound, a swab of the ointment and the gauze they have used. Is he bragging right now?

"Are you acting high and mighty? I have money. Actually I can pay for the treatment for your girlfriend, how's that?" She bragged which was unnecessary. If only Yangyang could reach her, he would've  tugged her scrubs to signal her to stop.

"Nope! Keep the change hun. Clearly I can't help with your foul attitude, money is all I can give. Keep it, save it. From now on save some money, one day when you're old and wrinkled, you might have to pay someone to accompany you. When your beauty is gone, I wonder what would attract people to bare being with you? Definitely not that attitude." He said then took Koeun's and left Yujin and Yangyang dumbfounded.

Yangyang honestly wanted to laugh at Yujin, but he's also worried that they both work at the same station and this might reflect on the two of them.

"How rude!" Yujin yelped, punching the table. "This is obsurd, I did not study 4 years of nursing school just to be disrespected like this. I have a degree! I have a license." She complained.