Chapter 23 - Fever

Xiaojun went back to Minju's place after walking Rui home. He did notify Minju that Rui's safe through text.

The next day, after Xiaojun's shift, he's decided to take Minju and Rui to Treasure box. Rui was pretty excited that he wore his new clothes.

At 4 PM, Rui went to Treasure box right away. Xiaojun did sent Seunghun a picture of Rui, so he would be prioritized in Treasure box. The moment he entered, Seunghoon saw him right away. He noticed that Rui and his younger brother Doyoung has the same uniform.

Rui looks younger and smaller than Doyoung but, he was hoping that those two have met each other on daily basis without interaction.

"Ming Rui this way Sir." He escorted him towards the window seat where he can see the outside. It's been reserved since this morning.

Seunghun nodded in approval, the kid does look like Minju a little bit, but a little bit Chinese. He's so cute. He's literally just a little kid.

"Waiting for your sister and Xiaojun?" Seunghun asked, serving him macarons. It was especially made for him. It wasn't even on the menu. Seunghun just tried to make it today and if Rui likes it, he might put it in the menu.

Rui glanced at Seunghun shyly, then looked away when he realized that Seunghun's also staring at him. This kid I quite shy.

"Yes." He answered without eye contact. He's adorable.

"You know what, my brother is going to be here after he's dismissed, you guys should know each other. He's name is Doyoung and he likes dancing. Do you dance?" He asked but Rui doesn't understand Korea that much that he only agreed even though he only understood that Seunghun's brother is going to be here and his name is Doyoung.

"Cool then. Doyoung loves dancing. You guys should hang out often from now on." He said before excusing himself to go back to the cash register.

He just made the macarons for Rui while he waits.

It didn't take long before Minju came with her sweat pants and oversized shirt. It's like she's been laying lazy all day. It's her vacation leave anyways so why not?

"Good morning Seunghun." She greeted.

"Minju, it's like 4:30 PM." Seunghun told her.

Minju clasped her hand on her mouth, feeling embarrassed tht she just made it obvious that she just woke up.

She did brush her teeth and washed her face though.

"I mean good afternoon." She said shyly, going towards Rui who's waving at her. He's awkward in his own, and didn't even touch his Macarons, though he was tempted.

She hugged her brother kissing the top of his head. She just couldn't believe that the kid has grown up so much.

It seems like it was just yesterday when she was bringing her to babysit these other kids. She used to bring his stroller and bring extra clothes. She watched him learn to dribble a ball until he learned to play basketball. He used to stumble around and fall.

"So, what's up big guy? How's school?" She asked sitting across him.

Rui grabbed his backpack taking out a notebook. "I'm learning Korean seriously this time." He opened his notebook where he's trying write Korean and learn grammar. She was so happy to see him cheerful.

"Where's Xiaojun? I want to show him too." Rui excitedly told her.

He likes Xiaojun that much.

"Yesterday, Father and mother didn't notice I was gone for a long time. It's like they don't even care if I go home or not. Can't I really live with you?" He eagerly asked. He felt like he can adjust if he's with his sister and way from toxic people such as his father and mother.