Chapter 17 - Wasted

Minju and Xiaojun went to Minju's place first to get her a uniform before they went ahead to Xiaojun's place. They were both preparing for dinner when Yangyang barged in the door looking wasted. She wobbled to the couch and plopped down, sleeping as soon as he landed.

The two stared at him in horror. Xiaojun was already cursing Hyewon inside his head. Yangyang was not the type to drink and get wasted.

"I'll cook. Help him wash up." Minju told Xiaojun. He didn't want to waste time and took care of Yangyang.

While Xiaojun was giving Yangyang a bath, Minju looked around while the beef was boiling. It'll take a long time anyway. She loves how a lot of things was white in his house. The tables, the chairs, the couch, the walls and the tiles. There's black frames, black vase and black cushions. It looks clean and organized at the same time.

She went to his bookshelf and noticed his '10th edition Egan's' book. She recalled right away what Hendery told her. Xiaojun's keeping a girl's picture on his book.

The first girl he fell in love with.

It was just a ridiculous story for her, but something inside her was telling her to open the book. She pulled the book but it wasn't on there when you open the hard bound. Not in the preface either.

Where did he put it?

One thing about 'Egan's Respiratory Guide' is, it has more than 1000 pages. She closed the book, and looking for a bulge on the side, but there was a lot. It was also labeled as cluster 1 to 4 for board exam.

This guy is insane. There are tons of other bookmarks with summarized notes on it. A bunch of medical terms and keywords. It was never ending notes and summary.

"Fuck you Hendery." She cursed under her breath, in frustration. That guys was not helpful at all.

Minju placed the book back noticing a photo album of Xiaojun. It was more interesting than that girl he has a creepy crush on.

She opened the book and saw little Xiaojun holding a small mic on his hand when he's about 5 years old or something.

Another photo below it was him on his father's shoulders on a rock concert. It was a picture of them from behind.

The next one was Xiaojun trying to hold a huge guitar compared to his young small body. Behind him was his father and his father's friends. They all look happy.

Flipping towards the back, it was Xiaojun inside a room filled with posters of Nirvana, The Beatles, and Queen.

"I want her back!" She was startled when she heard Yangyang scream. "I'm so stupid Xiaojun!" He yelled again then yelled in Mandarin. Xiaojun also responded in Madarin which Minju couldn't understand, so she just chose not to pry.

They're guys, they deal with break ups differently.

Minju went back to the beef, placing the photo album back where she found it.

She was silent until she heard the bathroom door opening.

Xiaojun really did washed Yangyang and gave him his fresh clothes. It wasn't a surprise that it fits him well. Yangyang takes Xiaojun's old clothes when he's done with them.

"He'll be sleeping in the bed." Xiaojun told Minju who was currently cooking for them. Minju loves cooking beef soup because it's perfect when you're lazy. You can just reheat it in the morning. "Sure." She responded while adding the celery.

She covered it turning to Xiaojun after. He also took a bath himself. He looks fresh and smells clean.

"He needs to eat and drink a lot of electrolytes, so he won't feel nauseous in the morning." He said grabbing a Gatorade in his fridge, preparing it on a white tray. He also put a bowl of rice. Now he's only waiting for the soup.