Chapter 3 - The Wedding Singer

First thing that Minju did was write on her diary. She just went out with Hendery, so how can she not write this special day? Somehow she found herself staring into the wall asking herself, why she's not excited to write about him.

The only man that made her want to go to work every day. The only person she look forward to every time she wake up in the morning.

A text from her bestfriend interrupted her thoughts.

Kriesia: Party in a rooftop. Pick you up at 11PM to be fashionably late. Make sure you look fab because I'm not bringing a loser at the party.

Minju sighed because she can't say no to this girl. She's like her soulmate. Her twin sister that was separated at birth. And a very persuasive hoe.

Taking her favorite dress and flats, she prepared herself with a good amount of make up to make it through the night.

By the time Kriesia came to pick her up, she was surprised that she came with her boyfriend, Jungwoo. Not that big of a deal. Minju already did a lot of third wheeling with these two. It turns out to be fun actually.

Free ride, free food and she was taken to places she would never expect to go on her own.

When she opened the door, she was surprised that there's a guy in there awkwardly seated holding a guitar case on his lap. She entered the car and looked forward without moving her neck. She fixed her gaze on the road making it more quiet and awkward.

"I hope you're not mad at me. We only gave him a ride because we're going to the same place. I'm not setting you up with him." Jungwoo told Minju which makes sense. He just had to explain it because anxiety is a part of Jungwoo for some reason.

Before he does something, he already thought of how people would feel about it.

"It's all good dude." Minju told him glancing at the guy beside her who's wearing ripped jeans and denim over white shirt.

"Of course it's all good. You like this so much." He spoke with this really familiar voice making Minju open her flash on his face, making him flicker his eyes.

It was Xiaojun.

Even the way he blinked his eyes from the harsh lights was perfectly handsome. With that get up and without his white uniform, he looks different.

"Can't look away, can you? Girls do that when they see me." Xiaojun teased, moving closer to Minju. She was so scared of what he'll do next but couldn't move or even blink her eyes.

He stared into her eyes and liked how she's paying attention on him and him only. Most of the time, she's too distracted because of the ventilator alarms, treatments and sick patients. Tonight she can just pay attention on him.

"Stop it Xiaojun." Jungwoo muttered. "Can't you see she's uncomfortable. Don't force yourself or I'll never let you near Minju." He threatened. Of course he'd be protective of his girlfriend's friend. She's like a close friend to him.

Xiaojun backed off smirking at petrified Minju. "If I won't force myself from now on then, how would I get my chances on her?" He asked Jungwoo, still keeping the distance between and Minju.

"Sorry, she's just not impressed with men." Jungwoo defended so Minju didn't have to explain.

Minju and Kriesha snorted at Jungwoo's statement. He's such a freak for recalling what Minju would say when drunk. The girls are also not used to him being angry and mean.

"I can be gay for you." Xiaojun teased Minju stopping them from laughing.

The just don't know how to stop.