Chapter 16 - Vanilla Ice Cream

"Yangyang, let's move to a different hospital." Hyewon told Yangyang as soon as she went inside the house. She was so scared of what her father told her. She can't let Yabgyang get fired just because of her dumb decisions.

Yangyang smiled at her, pulling her towards the new couch. "Everything's perfect here for me." He whispered to her ear, but Hyewon doesn't seem happy.

"Somewhere far. Preferably where nobody knows us, and beyond the reach of public vehicles." She continued leaving Yangyang confused.

What happened to her?

She just took out the trash and suddenly she's acting all weird.

"Why? Wanna keep me for yourself?" Yangyang teased which made Hyewon loosen up and smile again. She hovered over Yangyang resting her body on his. It felt right to be with him and to be here when she didn't even know him that much.

Now that she thinks about it, she realized that she didn't really know that much about Yangyang. All they did here is stare at each other and smile.

Despite that, she felt so comfortable and she trusts him with her safety.

"We need to get away from here Yangyang. I don't want to cause any trouble." She whispered which left another puzzle.

Where was she before she came knocking here, crying?

Didn't he took her home?

Did she go somewhere else?

He took the ointment that he gave Hyewon before and lifted her shirt up a bit noticing some bruises along with the wounds she had. He was right, they were no ordinary wounds. She got it from getting hit too hard.

He was trying not to think who would hit such a beautiful girl.

Hyewon stared at him looking at her body as if it was he who was hurt. He flinched every time she did.

"I have more of that." She said taking her shirt off leaving nothing but her lacy bra. The bruises extend to her her sides. As if she twisted and turned while getting hit.

"What happened?" He asked.

Hyewon put on her shirt first then smiled at him. He's such an innocent guy and a very compassionate person. He's born to be a nurse. It's like he's destined to be one.

"You're such an unlucky person." Hyewon told him. "Life has brought me to you. I don't mean to cause trouble. Can we please move to a different place?" She asked once more.

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me." Yangyang told her, but she couldn't be happy for the two of them.

Because she knew that she's going to ruin his life if she doesn't leave now.

She wanted a little more time. Just a little bit more time to know him. His interests and dislikes. One official date together.

...

Minju and Xiaojun came to work together once again, not caring if someone would see them together. Xiaojun even walked her to the Pulmonary Unit before going to the ICU to time in himself.

Yangyang was already there like any other morning shifts. He's always the first comer. Such a responsible kid.

"Prepare their feeding for a while. I was asked by the Chief Nurse to go to the Director's office." Yangyang told Xiaojun leaving what he was doing to him.

Xiaojun wondered why they called him but didn't really ask him why. He might be clueless himself.

Yangyang rushed towards the office located at the top of the hospital, where the chief nurse — Kun was waiting for him. The CEO was there as well. "This is Liu Yangyang, boss." Kun told the CEO who scanned Yangyang from head to toe then smirked.