Chapter 26 - The Deal

"Hendery, how about we smoke." She suggested, since they still don't have any treatment until 12 PM.

The two of them came out after eating. There wasn't a smoking area in the hospital premises that they had to go out of the hospital and walk to the nearest cafe, buy beverages and go to that cafe's smoking area.

They did take the code phone with them, just in case the ER, or the ICU calls them for Code Blue.

Hendery lit up his cigarette then let Kriesia borrow his lighter. He knows that Kriesia doesn't have a lighter because Jungwoo doesn't smoke and she's not allowed to.

Hendery don't usually smoke, this is for social purposes only. If he wanted to get the latest gossips, he would casually smoke and trust me, you can't get the whole detail by just gossiping when you're not pushy or you're not a part of the gossip girls when you're socially awkward.

If you have anxiety in general and social anxiety, smoking and listening to people rant is the best way to get the whole news.

"Go ahead." Hendery told Kriesia who's basically destroying her lungs, taking deep breaths of smoke.

She placed her cigarette on the ashtray provided and started ranting without breathing, about how Jungwoo would always be distracted on dates answering his ex's texts. He doesn't even feel like he's being rude in front of his girlfriend. When Kriesia would point out what he's doing, he would always reason out that his ex became his best friend.

"Who believes in that shit right?" Kriesia probably said the most curse words she says all day in just a few minutes at this point.

Even Hendery was afraid that someone would call them out to leave the place. Good thing nobody's with them at the smoking area.

"Best friends after a break up?" She was ending her sentences on a high pitched squeaky voice that was so irritating. "He has to confide her whenever she asks for him. What am I? What does he think I am?" Kriesia hit the table, lighting another cigarette because by now, the first one she lit hs turned into ashes.

"Just because nobody would dare to take me out on a date it doesn't mean I'm fucking desperate to go out with him and dying to have a man in my fucking life." She said before getting back to smoking.

Hendery chuckled upon hearing her last words. She sounded like Minju. If they continue on being like this, no guy would actually feel like they're significant in these two girls' lives. That's how Minju always makes him feel.

Insignificant

There's adoration in her eyes. Hendery always noticed that in Minju but, never felt like he is needed. She does things in her own. She never really acted like other girls who would make excuses to be with him.

She just adored him quietly without the desire of getting noticed.

What Hendery didn't know was, she did wanted to get noticed but, she's not doing anything to get noticed.

"Would you help me make him jealous?" Hendery heard Kriesia say those words weakly, she was blushing, and sweating. Hendery didn't know if it's just the cigarette or she was embarrassed.

"I was just wondering, if he sees us like this, going out drinking coffee, he might feel how I'm feeling." She told Hendery shyly. She looked hurt.

"Do you really want him back or you don't need him like you said earlier?" Hendery asked her in confusion, staring at every mannerisms shexs doing.

From twerling her hair to tapping the table and scratching her neck.

Hendery thought, maybe if he would agree to fake dating Kriesia, maybe Minju would get jealous too. She would regret dating Xiaojun. He's not her type after all. Minju's always hella annoyed when it comes to Xiaojun.