Chapter 15 - Dating Ban

Xiaojun and Minju went to the hospital together happily. Even though they parted ways with their own stations, they still continued talking on video call.

As soon as Xiaojun arrived in the ICU, Winwin started endorsing patients so he could time out early and sleep early. It was busy in the hospital right now. Too many patients and too many procedures, since they have a patient with chronic kidney failure and a vehicle accident patient with vital signs that keep on dropping.

Minju was the same with Kriesia. She didn't get the least sleep that a human body needs and was on a hurry to go home so her body could recover.

"Where's Hendery?" Minju cooed. Hendery's always the earliest of all the morning shifts since he has to do a lot of paper work and finish a lot of reports.

"He's summoned for an urgent meeting." Kriesia said before she played on Minju's lap. "Let me sleep like this so I can have the energy to go home." She yawned, while Hitomi, another colleague already left.

Minju hung up on the video call when she realized that Hendery already arrived. He looks upset and tired as well.

What's up with the meeting?

Is it really that serious?

"Guys, gather up. I need to relay an announcement from the hospital director." He noticed Hyewon's still not here but, never mind. He can just repeat it again.

"We can't date someone in the hospital premises. It is now prohibited to date a co-worker, and this is not my decision so I don't want to hear complaints. To those who are going to get caught would be fired. My advise would be, don't make it too obvious," he stopped when he realized how stupid it sounds.

It's like high school where there shouldn't be a public display of affection kinda thing.

"Just break up or resign guys. I don't know how to resolve this." He said burying his face on his hands in frustration. He's going to have to hire new ones again because lots of his staffs are dating nurses.

"Don't worry, me and Jungwoo are about to resign anyway." Kriesia said as she yawned once again. "Your problem now is Hyewon and this girl." She pointed at Minju who looks like she couldn't care any less to what Hendery was discussing.

"Where's Hyewon anyway? She didn't tell me she can't make it today." Hendery hissed at how rough this morning is to him. "I'll just get the ICU so you won't get suspected with Xiaojun and you take the ward." He said but there's still a little bit of hope that Hyewon would come today.

But she didn't.

After duty Hendery can finally pack up and have some rest. He was supposed to go home at 5 PM. Too bad Hyewon has decided not to show up today and without a warning.

What's up with her?

Did something serious happened to her?

He watched Minju humming while disposing of trash inside her pocket. She's in the mood once again.

Even Hitomi and Nako are smiling while watching her humming. They've never seen her like this before. "Take care of the unit for me." Hendery told them, shifting their attention to him. These girls like him so much. All of the his staffs has a secret crush on him.

"Bye bye, Hendery. We'll take care of the unit for you." The two waved goodbye.

Minju had to chase him when she realized that Hendery's ready to go. She grabbed everything she can grab, chasing Hendery outside.

"Wait up." She caught up. "I need to ask you something important." He said stopping Hendery's tracks. For some reason he started to get nervous.

What is she about to ask?