Chapter 5 - Cruise

(Flashback)

It was the first day of school after Christmas break. There won't be any lectures. Professors will only take the class attendance and give plus points who those who made an effort to attend the class.

While on break, Minju sat alone. This year has to be the loneliest year of her whole existence In college. Her two best friend Kriesia and Yujin graduated and are already working far away from her. They couldn't make time for her and she can't make time for them too.

Good thing her dorm mate since first year was there, Yena. They're not really that close when they were dorm mate but somehow, while being together for a while now, they becme closer and closer.

She made friends with Yena's friends as well. Eunbi and Chaewon. Eunbi has to be the prettiest girl on their campus. People either love her or envy her. That's just how it works.

Chaewon on the other hand was shy but pretty really pretty. Long eyelashes and has brown eyes.

Minju stared at her phone, looking at the pictures of her best friends when she saw group of tall men walking towards the bulletin board.

One guy caught her attention. "Dude, I might quit Respi and enroll to Rad Tech. I can't bare with it anymore." She heard him say. The guy she noticed first.

"That's fucked up." His friend responded. "We can do this. Don't even try to shift to other department. I really think we can do it."

"That's ridiculous can't you see? We're already a year late from our classmates. Doyoung's right. We need to try a different department."

"Shut up Lucas. We started this together. The three of us. We can endure it together."

"No you shut up Johnny. We can't always endure and wait." Lucas said.

Minju reminded her of her friends. That's how tight they were. Long time ago they all promised to finish Respiratory therapy together. But now she's here alone.

These guys, this is how they'll end up sooner.

She stood up and went to the cashier to pay her tuition fee.

Yena won't be here today. She doesn't have a subject today. It'll be just her alone.

She thought of buying a book so she rushed to catch the bus. While waiting for other passengers, she stared at her phone, waiting for any text messages.

That's when the three guys from before came in the bus. She made eye contact with Doyoung. She shouldn't have. Because now, she's cativated by him.

(End of flashback)

...

Minju woke up at 3AM having a hard time breathing. She had a nightmare but she just couldn't remember what it is.

She went to the kitchen and made a coffee. Why does everything seem like a nightmare these days? It's her day off but she woke up earlier than the days that she had to wake up early.

Maybe perhaps if she meet up with Kriesia, she would be enlightened. That's how it always works.

The only problem is, it's still 3AM. She went to her room and stalked Doyoung's Instagram. He's still happily dating his girlfriend. That should've been her with a rare serious and loyal guy.