Eleven

Lizzy's POV

I quickly got ready. I didn't care.

White tee shirt. Floral shorts. White converse.

I got on the bus. Great the sat right behind me.

"You're ugly AF" Taylor said.

"I'm not a mirror Taylor" I got a bunch of OOOOOO's

"Shut up bitch" then he got a bunch of OOOOO's

The bus ride ended and I went to class. I tried to avoid Jack and Jack. This time I physically pushed them off of me. I just wanted to have 1 good day at school.

_________

Lunch came. The random room was open again so I went in there again, but this time the janitor wasn't there. I ate my lunch peacefully.

_________

The end of the day came and I was finally able to go home.

Taylor punched me when we got off the bus but other than that it was fine.

I walked inside my warm house and heard the phone ring. I was the only one home at the time.

"Hello?"

"Yes is this one of the family members of John S. Walten?"

"Yes I'm his daughter"

"This is Remedial Chief Kevin Barne. I'm so sorry to tell you this. But...your father has been killed in action. My condolences"

I started crying and I couldn't contain myself. "What?" is all I could say.

"I know it's horrible. Your father was a great, brave man. He died for his country"

I stopped crying and waited until he hung up. We talked about it more but our conversation ended in "I'm sorry"

He hung up. How do I break the news to my mom. The Army is sending over people to deliver his flag to us and have a funeral. I can't tell my mom this.

__________

"Honey I'm home"

"Mom?" I said about to cry

"What's wrong"

"Mom...Remedial Chief Kevin Barne called about dad. He...he was...killed in action" the tears started to roll down my cheek.

My mom dropped her stuff me have me a hug. It was hard.

We cried for a good hour or so. Danny probably doesn't even know yet.

The rest of the night I couldn't eat or sleep. I just cried.

________

I guess I did fall asleep at some point because I woke up at 6:45. I gotta get ready.

I still haven't stopped crying. I've cried since last night and some more this morning.

I put on a pair of light wash jeans and an oversized sweater.

I walked to the bus stop. I DO NOT want the guys to bother me. I'm just gonna have to tell them what happened.

I walked out into the coldness and made my way to the bus stop. The tears started to freeze. I wiped them from my face.

Already the guys were there. I walked up to the bus stop slowly until the guys said the first word.

"What happened to you" Cam said.

"Nothin" I'm not telling them yet. They won't even care.

Taylor spun m around and slapped me across the face.

I started bawling. "Please not today"

"And why is that bitch" Carter said.

"M-my-my dad...he was...." I couldn't say it. I was gonna throw up. I started blacking out. Then I got dizzy, but I quickly pulled myself together.

"Your dad what asshole" Carter said.

"My dad was killed in action" I shouted. I had enough of them. I turned away and took two steps away from them.

"Ya right" yeah right? YEAH RIGHT? that's it.

"THATS IT. IVE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU GUYS. WHY WOULD I MAKE UP THE DEATH OF MY FATHER. YOURE A COLD HEARTED DOUCH PANTS THAT DOESNT CARE ABOUT ANYONE BUT YOURSELF" I said to Carter.

They looked stunned. But then I started crying again.

"Did...he really?" Taylor asked softly.

"YES" how many times am I going to say this.

"Well..." Nash said.

"You know what. You guys are just gonna beat me up today. I'm going home" I said.

"You can't just go home. You need to go to school" Matt said.

"Not unless I'm sick"

"You aren't sick" Nash said.

"Well today I am" I said as I walked backwards. I ran home and back into the house.

"MOM" I yelled.

she didn't go to work today.

"Yeah" she softly said.

"I can't go to school today"

"It's ok honey. I'll call the school."

My world has completely fallen apart. I. Have. Nothing

Whatttt? 3 updates in one night 😏