Seventeen

Lizzys POV

I woke up at 11:40 am and realized it's Christmas Vacation.

I got dressed and went downstairs. As soon as I reached my couch, I got a call from my mom.

"Hello?

"Hey baby it's me!"

"Oh hi mom"

"Hi sorry I had to leave so sudden. I had an emergency at work and I had to fly to New York"

"Oh ok that's fine."

"I had to call to check if you were alright."

"I'm fine "

"Ok good. I'm Sorry but I have to stay until Thursday now."

"It's fine"

"Oh and we are going to have Christmas dinner with the Griers and there'll be a gift exchange there so I'll go out and get stuff. mrs Grier said you have to buy for Nash and I had to buy for Will."

"Uh oh. Ok. I gotta go bye"

"Um ok honey. Bye. See you Thursday."

WHAT CHRISTMAS WITH THE GRIERS?

Christmas was on a Sunday this year so she has time. I still need to buy some more Christmas gifts, but I'll wait for my mom to come back. I already bought her gifts. I need to buy for other people.

I hung up and got some lunch. I don't want to go to the Griers. I don't know if Nash wants me at his house. I'll probably have to talk I him.

__________

I wanted to do down thing productive today so I went to the grocery store. I wanted to make some of my own buffalo chicken wings tonight so I got a bag of raw chicken and got some ingredients to make my own sauce.

My mom and brother LOVE my chicken. They think it's the best. The sauce was my dad's recipe but I had to make it when he was gone.

I went down the spices aisle and got what I needed. Then I realized that I need some drinks so I went to the drink aisle and got some lemonade. Although I will be alone for the next 2 days so I won't need much.

Whenever I went down into the aisle I ran into someone by mistake.

"Oh sorry!" the guy said.

"It's fine. I'm a klutz" I said shyly. I tried to walk around the person but they stopped me.

"Lizzy?" said...Nash.

"Um I'm sorry" I said and tried to go around him.

"Wait up!" he said following me.

"What"

"What are you doing"

"I'm getting food" I said in a whisper tone. When I talk to any of the guys I get real quiet.

"So your coming over for Christmas right?"

"Um yeah." I still couldn't look him in the eye.

"And...you have to buy something for me for the gift exchange" he said with a smirk.

"Yeah I do" I said. I couldn't help but smile a little.

"I'll love whatever you give me"

"I doubt it"

"Why do you say that"

"The best gift I could give anyone is the gift of me being gone."

"No way! don't say that."