2

Firkle has often skipped class. It wasn't out of the ordinary for him to not be there. He usually went outside and smoked instead, but sometimes he ended up in the library.

The library was a place not often visited. It was dusty, empty, dark, and silent. The perfect place to be.

Sometimes, when Ike didn't want to go to study hall, he would go to the library as well. He mainly went to see Firkle, but no body needed to know that.

Today, Firkle was absent-mindlessly browsing through random sections of books for no particular reason.

He dragged his fingers along the dusty shelf closest to his hand still at his side when someone flung there arm in front of him onto the book case.

"Hey. Come here often?~"

Firkle turned, not removing his hand from the shelf two below the one that the other had attached his hand to.

Firkle glared when he made eye contact with Ike. Ike smiled widely in response to Firkle's response (however small and insignificant it was).

Firkle began to turn around, but Ike moves faster caging him against the bookcase and Firkle now having his back fully against the case.

Ike has moved closer to him when he blocked him in and Firkle stared at Ike's chest mere inches away from his face.

"Oh... uh... Sorry?" Ike said as Firkle looked up at his face. Firkle felt his face heat up as he looked into Ike's eyes. Whatever Ike planned on saying next fell to nothing but a slow breathy exhale.

Firkle felt his breath breeze by his cheek and he glanced down at Ike's mouth. He looked back up to Ike's eyes, but they weren't looking at his eyes anymore.

Firkle bit his lip nervously as Ike leaned forward more, his eyes fluttering half-lidded back to Firkle's, before back to his lips again.

Firkle's eyes began to droop shut as he tilted his head up instinctively. His hands gripped tightly onto the shelf behind him and he could feel Ike's breath on his lips.

"Umm excuse me?"

Firkle jumps, knocking his head against the bookshelf, but Ike doesn't move away from him, he only turns his head to Karen.

"Oh, hey, Karen. What are you doing here?"

"I need to get a book... you guys are kind of in the way... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt-"

"It's fine," Firkle interrupts, before placing his hands on Ike's chest (making Ike's face heat up slightly, not that Firkle noticed) and pushing him strongly away.

Ike slams into the book shelf on his other side as Firkle walks away (Karen moving to his side to be out of the way).

"Man..." Ike breathes out.

Karen giggles to herself, "You should have told me you two were going to be here," she blushes as she looks through the books for the right one, "I wouldn't have interrupted, if I'd known." Karen winks as she heads over to the check out desk.