46

To say that Ike was excited was an understatement. He almost couldn't wait to go to Firkle's house after school, he even considered leaving halfway through the day, but he knew his mom would definitely hear about that, and it was better not to.

No matter how excited he was.

And it wasn't only the thought of... uh getting intimate with Firkle. This was one of the few times that Firkle had made a move on Ike. It almost always felt like Ike was pushing for a response from Firkle, which he didn't mind, not at all, but it was nice to know that Firkle was interested in him too. Not just interested in him, but interested in a relationship with him.

It made him so happy.

"What are you gushing about?" Tricia asked, leaning back in her chair, no longer interested in the Spanish exam preparation guide.

Ike blushed as he leaned further on his hand, dropping his pencil onto his desk. Then, he and Tricia both said the same thing: "Firkle." Ike's was more wistful, while Tricia's came with an eye roll.

Ike blushed further, more aware of his very apparent gushing. He covers his face, still overjoyed, "Am I so obvious?"

Tricia doesn't even answer, she just rolls her eyes. "What'd he do this time? Breathe?"

Ike laughed, picking up his pencil once more, spinning in between his fingers, "I'm going over to his house after school."

"Ew," Tricia says, looking back down at her paper, "What'd you get for number 4?"

Ike looks back down at his untouched paper and chuckles bashfully, "Uh I'm not there yet."

"Of course you aren't," Tricia flips him off before continuing her paper, "Idiot."

Meanwhile, Firkle sat nervously outside the school. He felt pretty stupid for randomly inviting Ike over, but he really hoped his didn't fuck this all up.