3

Ike had been trying extremely hard to get Firkle's attention. It was practically a routine now. Just an instinct he would act on randomly throughout the day.

Hell, even his best friends, Karen and Tricia, knew exactly what he was doing. No, they more than 'knew'; they were encouraging him and giving him tips on what to do.

So, each day when he would come back to his friends without any luck in the "dating Firkle" or "flirting with Firkle" areas, it was harder and harder to feel confident in his next move.

However, Ike has barely started and, based on Firkle's reaction to him in the library, he was (read: might be) getting somewhere with all this attempted flirting he was trying to do.

So, sitting down at lunch with Tricia and Karen, he felt a little more accomplished today than any other day so far.

Karen smiles at Ike as he sat down and he returned it happily.

"So?" Tricia asked, putting her sandwich down and leaning forward, "Karen told me about what you were doing in the library- more important who you were doing in the library-"

"No one was "doing" anything," Ike cuts her off, face going red, "at least... not yet."

Tricia snorts and slaps her hand on the table, "That's the spirit!"

"I'm sorry for interrupting again, Ike," Karen says her face clearly guilty.

"No, no. It's fine. It wasn't your fault, you didn't know," Ike says patting Karen's hand.

"At least you definitely made progress," Karen says clapping her hands in joy, "At least, I think you did."

"Oh. He certainly did," Tricia laughs.

"We didn't do anything!" Ike interjects again, his face getting redder, which causes Tricia to laugh harder and Karen to tilt her head in confusion.

"Anyway," Tricia states, wiping away imaginary tears from her eyes, "What's your plan now, hotshot?"

Ike smirked, "You'll see."