40

"Judith," Firkle says slowly, stopping in the doorway. Judith cleared her throat from the dining room table, stirring her tea calmly.

"I haven't seen you in a little while, George," she says, "Where have you been roaming to?"

Firkle rolls his eyes and remains in the doorway, ignoring the question. "Why are you here?"

Judith laughs, a snort more so, "I live here, dear?" Judith stands up and pushes her chair in calmly, "I actually wanted to talk to you, darling."

"That's fun," Firkle says sarcastically, stepping away from the door and walking through the living room and stopping in the doorway to the kitchen.

"Uh huh," Judith replies with a small smile, "Would you sit down then? So we can talk?"

"I'm pretty busy," Firkle replies, crossing his arms, "I was just stopping by."

"George." Judith cocks an eyebrow and Firkle sighs before kicking one of the seat and then sitting down, slouching rebelliously, like that'll show her. Judith sits back down in her chair and sips her tea. "I'm concerned for you."

Firkle snorts, he can't help himself. Judith looks pained for a moment, but quickly recollects herself and replaces he apathetic face. "Dear," Judith starts again, "I know you aren't happy with your father and I never being here, but... we're here for you. If you ever want to talk or anything..."

Firkle nods, "Sure, are we done?"

"George," Judith says, reaching across the table to pat his hand, "Anything you need, dear. I know you're at a weird time in your life, things are changing, I'm just here for you. Okay?" Firkle stands up and begins to leave. "I love you," Judith calls after him, watching him leave but knowing better than to try to stop him.