7

Ike raced after Firkle as he sprinted out the front door. He could hear the girls following after him, but he didn't care.

Ike didn't stop when Firkle left, he ran out the door with him too.

"IKE WAIT!" He heard Tricia yell behind him, "Ohmygod-"

"Tricia-" Karen then said something he couldn't hear. He also couldn't hear anymore footsteps behind him.

Ike picked up his speed sprinting faster than he thought he'd ever ran before. He caught up to Firkle inevitably (after all, Ike was an athlete and Firkle... wasn't), but Firkle held his own in almost outrunning him.

Ike grabber Firkle's arm and pulled him to a jerky stop, skidding slightly on the wet street.

"Firkle! Stop!" Ike shouted. Firkle attempted to wrestle his arm away from Ike. Ike didn't let go, holding onto his arm a little tighter, but when he did so Firkle let out a strangle noise, and Ike, fearing that he'd hurt him, immediately let go.

They both stood there for a moment, silent aside from Firkle's heavy breathing, and the rain picking up slightly.

"Firkle-"

"No!" Firkle shouted, "No! No! No! Stop!"

"Firkle, I-"

"No!" He interrupted. He looked up at Ike, his breathing still unsteady and some of his makeup now running, "Stop it! I can't handle you!"

"What are you-"

"You're always so... so infuriating! You push and push and... and you just uurrgh!" Firkle through his arms in the air, "You're always so nice when you don't have to be, and you're making fun of me for some reason! Why are you mocking me? Is it funny? My brain seems to stop whenever you're around and I can't breathe and I want to be close to you and it's like you don't notice- or don't care- or you just think it's hilarious making me feel all sick! God-" Firkle cuts himself off, using his sleeves to wipe his face, "I hate you."