5

When Tricia arrived at Filmore's party, she was at least an hour late, so everyone was already there and moving. It was overcast and fairly cold, but that wasn't going to stop teenagers from being teenagers. Ike told her he would be there earlier than her, and Karen wasn't sure her brother would let her go (or at least not alone).

Tricia wouldn't be surprised if she receive a text later telling her that she had to watch Karen all night. Which was fine because she really liked Karen anyway.

However, navigating around this crowded party to inform Ike she had kept her promise and showed up and he now owed her. She had better things to do, after all. A warm bed at home and a stocked refrigerator was better than any crowed grinding fest.

However, she wasn't having much luck finding him.

Until she did...

...but that was something she did not consider lucky.

Like the scene Karen had (embarrassingly) told her about, there Ike was. He was standing next to Firkle in the very secluded kitchen.

Well, maybe "next to" was a generous way of describing it. Or just flat out wrong.

Firkle was sitting on one of the kitchen counters (unsanitary as it might be, it wasn't Tricia's counter, so she didn't care, at least not enough to do something about it.) and Ike was standing between his legs, his hands resting on the counter beside Firkle's legs.

From her angle, which was barely peeping around the corner, she could see the back of Ike's head and a little more than half of Firkle's face.

Tricia nearly laughed maniacally. This was too good. She covered her mouth with her hand to hold back her chuckles and leaned closer to attempt to hear them.

Try as she may though, they kept fairly quiet. Firkle, much more than Ike as it seemed he wasn't saying much of anything in return to whatever Ike was chattering about.

Tricia decided she was going to bite the bullet and enter the kitchen, but she was going to try and stay quiet and go unnoticed. She just wanted to know what they were talking about it was just too tempting to walk away from potential teasing material.

"-stay still, okay?" Ike said he moved his left hand to grab (what Tricia assumed, with her new, more limited view of mainly the back of Ike's head) Firkle's chin.

There was some movement that she couldn't see between the two of them, then Firkle let out a little whimper.

"Ah, I'm sorry, did I hurt you?" Ike asked the movement stopped as Ike shifted his left hand up to cup Firkle's cheek.

"N-No, I'm fine," Firkle shakily whispered, "You can keep going."

"Okay, I'll be more gentle," Ike moved closer to him and Firkle made another quiet noise.

Tricia felt her cheeks heat up at this sight. Wow. They're doing this here... and in the kitchen... Romantic. Real romantic.

Tricia chuckled slightly and Ike whipped his head around.

"Tricia!" Ike moves a little away from Firkle, showing Firkle's face which she could now see that Ike was holding a tissue to. "When did you get here?"

"What are you guys doing?" Tricia asks her face still pink. At least they weren't...

"Oh," Ike looks back at Firkle who is looking at his hands that are in his lap, "Firkle fell and cut his face earlier when we were outside. I thought I should help him get fixed up. It looked pretty bad." Ike removes the tissue looking at the still bleeding cut below Firkle's left eye.

"Why don't we head over to Karen's house. She usually has bandaids. Plus she couldn't come tonight," Tricia says. A way to get out of this party is a way out.

Besides, she would like to know a little more about the boy her friend is courting.