14

Whenever Firkle doesn't know what to do, he goes to the only people he can count on: the other goths.

This time though, he specifically goes to Henrietta.

He immediately goes over to her house, stress rising and walks in without knockout (mainly because she told him not to anymore).

Then he knocks on her bedroom door (another thing she told him he didn't have to do, but he thought better safe than sorry.) and when she responds with 'Fuck off, mom', he opens the door.

Henrietta looks over immediately with the most evil stare she can muster (which makes Firkle want to leave), but he face returns to a calm stoic look as she sees Firkle.

"Firkle," she says, "What are you up to?"

Firkle enters her room, kicking the door shut on the way in as he sits on the floor across from her bed. "I have a problem, Henri."

Henrietta quirks an eyebrow as she pulls out a cigarette from the pack on her nightstand and lights it. "Must be bad, huh?" She asks as she tosses him her pack. Firkle pulls one out before tossing it back.

"How'd you know?" He asks as he lights his up.

Henrietta laughs as she resettles on the floor leaning back on her bed, "I know you well enough to know that you don't ask me for help unless you really need it."

Firkle's ears tinge pink in embarrassment, and he looks down in slight shame.

"So?" Henrietta asks, leaning her head back and blowing smoke up, "What's got you in chains?"

"Who," Firkle replys.

Henrietta's head snaps up and she gives him a shocked look, "Who?" She repeats, "It's a who? Oh hell." Henrietta laughs in dark manner for a second, "Do you have some type of conformist crush?"

Firkle's blush intensifies, seeping over his cheeks, "Uh-"

"You do," she says before throwing her arm over the side of her bed as she shakes her head, "Crushes and love are the most conformist you can get. You're wasting your time on someone who will only cause you life-wrecking sorrow."

"He's not like that!" Firkle interrupts, pulling his cigarette from his mouth and smashing it into the ash tray. Henrietta watches, unimpressed.

"It must be worse than I thought," she says, "Are you two already dating? Kissing? You shouldn't be involved in such toxic, preppy behavior. Is he at least goth?" Firkle shakes his head and Henrietta sighs, "What a shitty feeling."

"You don't know the half of it."