31

Firkle had brought his legs up to his chest, his arms wrapped around them and his chin resting on his knees. Ike closed the door and sighed softly.

"Uh sorry about that," Ike said bashfully, "I kind of forgot he'd be home."

"It's fine," Firkle says, tucking back part of his hair. "I should go-"

"No!" Ike says, before clearing his throat and laughing nervously, "No, dude, you don't have to. We can hang out still."

Firkle thought this over. He really did. He wanted to stay with Ike for longer, but he pretty much knew that Ike would be bored with him. It was best to just calm down a bit. He was feeling tired and a little bit overwhelmed and he definitely needed to talk to someone about what just happened, even if he really enjoyed it and was more than willing to do it again.

"I uh... I have things to do," Firkle muttered quietly. Firkle stood up from Ike's bed and passed by Ike to leave, but stopped. "I'll see you tomorrow?" Right? Firkle wanted to ask but didn't.

"Yeah," Ike replied, standing in the doorway to his room, "See you tomo-" Firkle pressed onto his tiptoes and kissed Ike quickly before rushing away. "-rrow..." Ike finished as he heard the front door close.

Firkle blushed as he raced out of the house. He definitely needed to talk to somebody about how to emotion.

Ike so wanted to call up Tricia or Karen or both of them and just start going on and on about how much he loved Firkle. He could barely contain his excitement- Firkle was so cute!

But he knew he probably shouldn't because Firkle hasn't explicitly told him he can tell anyone.

Which is fine.

For now.

Ike flopped back down on his bed with a sigh. God, he couldn't wait to see Firkle again.

Firkle found himself at a house he knew he shouldn't be at. This was a bad idea, but this was someone who would probably know enough about what he wanted to talk about and... yeah, he's a conformist, but he wasn't always.

Firkle knocks at the door nervously. Sure, they never really talked before, but that made it easier for him to not feel as judged (he hoped).

This was so not goth.

"Uh Firkle?"

Firkle looks up and his hair falls over his eyes, "Hi Raven."