19

Ike walked out of the locker room, sweatshirt and jeans on, his bag over his shoulder. He walked over toward the bleachers where Firkle was waiting. He was wearing his letterman jacket again and it made Ike really happy to see him still wearing it. It was almost like a claim he'd put on him.

"Hey Firkle," Ike said as he stood next to the much shorter boy. Firkle didn't look up at him and instead looked down at the ground.

"Hi."

"Do you want me to drive you home again?" Ike asked beginning to walk to his car with Firkle in tow, "It's no problem at all. I like giving you rides home." It gives me more time to hang out with you.

Firkle followed Ike slowly. They both stopped outside Ike's car as Ike put his bag in the back seat.

Firkle flushed and grabbed Ike's hand after he closed the back door. Ike looked down at Firkle confusedly.

How do you ask someone out??? Firkle thought to himself in a small panic. I can't just say it. That'll be stupid. I need to get my point across, so he understands without throwing my pride on the line. But how????

Firkle looked up at Ike, his hair falling over his eye. Ike watched it. The hand Firkle was holding twitched. Ike wanted to brush it back.

"Firkle?" Ike asks quietly and shakily, "Is something wro-"

Then Firkle's mouth was on Ike's.