34

They were under the bleachers again, before Ike's practice. Firkle had his back against the fence, his hands resting on Ike's shoulders. Ike had his arms wrapped around Firkle's waist.

Firkle was keeping his body fairly distant from Ike's, or as distant as he could while Ike was trying to pull him closer. Eventually, Firkle pushes Ike's shoulders away from him and looked down as he wiped his mouth with his sleeve.

Neither of them say anything for a moment and Firkle doesn't look up at Ike either. Ike shifts his hands to simply rest on Firkle's hips.

"Is something wrong?" Ike finally asks. He goes to remove his hands, but Firkle places his hands over top of his.

"No," Firkle says. He looks back up at Ike and steps closer to him. Firkle slides his hands up Ike's arms and he tilts his head as he pushes up on his tiptoes. Ike feels his face heat up slightly and Firkle stops just barely in front of him. Ike can feel his breath and he looks over Firkle's face.

Firkle reopens his eyes and he sighs and settles back down to his feet. He looks away from Ike and removes his hands as he steps away from him. Ike's hands fall to his sides, and suddenly he feels really cold.

Firkle combs one of his hands through his hair, "I'm tired," is all he says as he steps away again.

"I could drive you home-"

"It's fine. You'd be late for practice. I'll see you later?" Firkle asks, more than says and Ike nods.

"If you need anything, uh you know where I am."

Firkle nods and walks away as a whistle blows on field.