13

Ike was acting weirder than usual and Firkle needed to know why. Now.

Ike can't keep almost kissing him. It's going to kill him.

Every time Ike leans forward to (what seems to be) kiss him, Firkle's heart beats harder than ever before and his whole body heats up and he wants to fall in a sky of-

...

It's gross.

Firkle's pretty sure he hates Ike. There's no other possible explanation. There can't be. It's impossible.

Ike is a complete conformist! Firkle would never fall for anyone like that. Absolutely not.

...

Yeah.

So, the next day, when Firkle is trying to calm down by smoking a cigarette outside the back of the school, he isn't exactly at his peak mental awareness. At all.

Ike shows up out of nowhere and I standing next to Firkle before he can pretend he didn't see him as he runs away.

Firkle doesn't look at him. Doesn't acknowledge him. That's what he wants and Firkle won't give him that.

So Firkle continues to smoke and Ike leans on the wall while (Firkle thinks) scooting closer to him.

Firkle narrows his eyes and forces himself to stare forward.

"Hi Firkle," He says cheerily.

Firkle uses silence.

"You hair looks really good today."

It's ineffective- wait, what.

Firkle can't help it, he turns and looks Ike over questioningly. Ike simply smiles back.

"What."

Ike laughs slightly to himself, "Your hair," he says as he reaches out and tucks a loose strand of Firkle's hair behind his ear, "It looks good."

Firkle feels his face flush heavily and he certainly does not lean into the touch.

"W-What are you talking about?" Firkle says pulling away.

"You know, your eyes are also really pretty."

Ike stands up straighter as he scoots a little closer again. "I think you're really pretty," He says.

Firkle's face is on fire and he can't even think. Firkle starts to lean in, pushing up on his toes slightly, his eyes half-lidded when Ike pulls away.

"Oh," he says as he start walking away, the bell ringing quietly from inside the building, "I'm going to be late. See you later, dude," and then he's gone.

Firkle sits on the ground and puts his face in his hands. He's such as loser.