22

Ike jumped out of his car, slamming the door, and sprinting in the direction that he was pretty sure Firkle went.

He raced toward the school, and assumed broadly that Firkle probably didn't go in. So, he started around the perimeter of the school until he came around the corner into the back of the school and he spotted Firkle sitting on the ground.

"Firkle!" Ike sprinter toward him and Firkle looked up, his face brightly red and his eye welling with tears.

Ike screeched the a stop next to Firkle and Firkle threw his arms over his head, covering his face.

Ike took a deep breath, "Firkle," he said, "I'm sorry-"

"It's okay," Firkle's muffled voice whimpered, "It was a joke," then Firkle attempted to laugh but it sounds strained and vastly unhappy.

Ike smiled slightly, "Firkle, no," he said sitting down next to him, laughing quietly, "I like you. A lot. And I sort of shut down when you uh kissed me..." Ike blushed at the memory.

Firkle peeked through his arms up at Ike who smiled at him. Firkle blushed.

Ike looked away and rubbed the back of his neck, "Do.... Do you think we could try it again?" Firkle lowered his arms and looked down at his lap. "It's fine! We don't have t-"

Firkle turned and placed on his hands on Ike's face, cupping his cheek as he leaned in and kissed him again, this time softer and with less panic.