21

Firkle sat on the ground at the back of the school. He'd sent a text to Michael telling him that he needed to talk to him. If Michael gave him that stupid advice, he could listen to him complain about it too.

Michael told him he was on his way, but it would be a few minutes, so he sat and waited with a barely touched cigarette.

Meanwhile, Ike sat in his car phone in hand waiting for Tricia to answer his call. Sure, maybe Karen would be nicer to him about this weird-ass scenario, but Tricia would tell him with 100% honestly what he should do and if he completely fucked it up- which he wasn't sure if he did or not.

However, it would seem God didn't care what he needed because Karen picked up Tricia's phone anyway.

"Hello this is Karen speaking," a pause, "Tricia didn't want to answer the phone."

"Karen?" Ike said, confusion barely outweighing his half-excited half-panicked brain, "I really need to talk to Tricia. It's an emergency."

"Oh my goodness! Is everything okay? Is someone hurt-"

"No one's hurt, everything fine. Okay, well everything's not fine- fuck it. Firkle kissed me!" Ike's voice filled with glee at the thought of Firkle actually liking him back.

Karen gasped and Ike could hear someone (most likely Tricia) say something in the background, "Really? That's awesome! Are you two dating now? Did you kiss him first or did he? It sounds like he did. Wait- Tricia!" There was a bunch of muffled noise and then Tricia's voice came through.

"Please tell me you didn't fuck it up."

"Uh..." Ike wasn't really sure how to answer that, yet.

"Oh my God," Tricia sighed, "What did you do?"

"Nothing!" Ike said mournfully.

"No really- what did you do?"

"Nothing," Ike repeated, slouching woefully in his car, "That's kind of the problem."

"Wait- What?" Tricia said, "Are you trying to tell me that when he kissed you, you didn't do anything? Nothing at all?"

"Uh... yeah?"

"You're an idiot!" Tricia shouts, "Let me guess: he ran away after you didn't kiss him back or say anything?"

Ike sat up, "How'd you know?"

"Because you're both stupid. You need to talk to him as soon as you fucking can and make things right."

Ike nods, "Okay. How do I do that?"

Tricia sighs dramatically, "Right now he probably thinks you rejected him so, maybe try- I don't know- making it clear you like him?!"

"Right now?" Ike asked.

"No, at your high school reunion- yes, right now! What part of as soon as possible wasn't clear!"

Then, Tricia hung up.