The Present

"Yoonmin-a. Baby are you ready? Can I come in?" Yoongi asked. 

"Just a minute daddy," she replied back. Yoonmin opened the door after ten whole minutes. "Dad, How do I look?" she asked in a nervous tone.

For a moment Yoongi couldn't take in the situation. He was minutes away from giving away his beloved treasure. His entire life circled around this once a little girl and now in a blink, the day has come to partially part with it. His heart sank. His eyes welled up and drops of tears started flowing down.

"You promised you wouldn't do this dad," she said taking him into her arms. 

"I am not going far, Pappa. I swear. Nothing much will change. I will visit you often and I promise to call you every day. Alright? she completed her sentence. 

He knew she meant it. But he also knew that life always takes its toll and relationships find it hard to dwell through it. He had raised his daughter well though. She was compassionate, kind and a sweetheart just like her mother. There were so much love and bondage. Not a day had passed when they didn't communicate. They were best friends rather than father-daughter. 

She cupped his face in her hands. "Dad, I love you okay. But I am really really freaking out here." she chuckled. "How about you help me escape from here? That's a win-win for both of us". 

He almost laughed at that. "Baby I have spent a ton on this venue and your dress and the food and." 

"Okay alright, I will get married if you say so. But don't blame me. I had given you a choice." she said raising her shoulders.

Someone knocked hard on the door disturbing their delicate emotional moment and obviously, it had to be Jin. He peeped through the door and yelled "Hey baby, Do you know me?" as he looked at Yoonmin. 

"Stop it uncle" she laughed "It's been three decades now. Give up on it already please" she sighed. 

She ran to hug Jin "You finally made it." she embraced him. 

"Well, not just me love. We all came. They have already taken seats. We wouldn't miss it for the world love. And yes! after you leave, somebody should help Yoongi with his collection of expensive wines." he said cupping his hands around her cheeks. 

" Yes uncle Jin, please look after him till I come back. Make sure he doesn't drink a lot and yeah, more importantly, make sure he doesn't enter his studio or else a new album will be released even before all the hype of my wedding dies. Please daddy, let me have my moment this time." she pleaded with puppy eyes as she turned around to look at Yoongi.

"Young lady. We need you on the aisle" Namjoon said as he stood at the door nobody noticing his presence since long. But well it was no news for him. 

"Hey, Joon uncle" Yoonmin greeted. "Let's go, baby" Yoongi said taking his daughter's hand into his and with heavy steps, he prepared himself to let go off yet another part of his soul.

 "Let's go, baby" Yoongi said taking his daughter's hand into his and with heavy steps, he prepared himself to let go off yet another part of his soul

A/N

Thank you, readers, for choosing my story. I chose to write this chapter as a future log of his life just too make up for the angst that is gonna come later. The actual story starts from the next chapter...! Join me in this journey of love, friendship, betrayals, regrets,and angst. A lot of angst.