Her secret!

"Hello Yoongi, come in". Su Mi's mom said smiling as she opened the door. 

"Hello aunty" Yoongi bowed down in respect.

"Did you have breakfast? Sit at the table. Su Mi woke up late today. She will take a while."

"Yes, aunty. Did the issue with the realtor get solved? Are you going to sell your house in Busan?" Yoongi asked, secretly proud to be a part of their family now.

"I am not sure Yoongi. I am yet to decide," she said with a sad look serving Yoongi poached eggs with rice. "Enjoy it okay."

Yoongi loved Su Mi's mother. She had this positive aura around her and her presence felt warm. She was a mother who listened to her kid. Su Mi almost shared every detail of her life with her mom which Yoongi adored. Something he missed. Over a period of time, Yoongi grew fond of Su Mi's mother. His respected her.

"Good morning Mom," Su Mi said as she poured herself some water sitting next to Yoongi.

"So did you study well last night?" Her mother asked.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! mom. Why do you ask the same question every day? I will do fine in my finals I promise" Su Mi uttered annoyingly. "And Yes! I still have a year more for CSAT unlike this guy here who has it coming in next six months" she pointed at Yoongi.

"Don't you push this on me, lady." Yoongi laughed at what she did there.

"Okay, you two. Behave when I am not there. I am trusting you here. Lunch is done. Side dishes are in the fridge. Warm it up before you eat. And study. Yoongi especially you. I know my daughter does." Yoongi opened his mouth to say something but decided its better just to nod.

Su Mi's mom left for work. It was their summer break and they decided to study at home as Su Mi wasn't much fond of the library near her house. The seats were uncomfortable and the atmosphere gloomy. 

Four hours had passed, Su Mi sincerely read her books but Yoongi got up a hundred times to drink water, to pee or just hover around her. "You are staring again Yoongiyaa," she said looking at him smiling.  He immediately knew what that smile meant. He got up from his place went over to her table and took her hand in his, made her get up and pushed her on the bed.

She giggled at that. "Let's take a break. Baby, lie next to me," Yoongi said tapping on the space between them. She came close and rested her head on his shoulder. Yoongi lightly caressed her cheeks and placed a sweet kiss on her forehead. 

"I love you, I hope you know that by now. I love you. I love you" Yoongi continued.

"Enough, enough. I know it already. You don't have to say it every day." she smiled brightly.

"I have to or else you might just forget someday."

"Maybe. If you stop saying it."

"So if I forget to say I love you for a few days, you will forget me," Yoongi asked raising an eyebrow.

"No Yoongiyaa, I will always have your back. I promise. Just don't forget to say it often." she hugged him lying on the bed. 

Yoongi slowly opened his eyes to see Su Mi lying next to him, still hugging him close and breathing lightly. She was in deep sleep. Yoongi made it sure to make no sudden moves to wake her up. He slowly got out of bed and looked at the time. It was 5 p.m. "Good," he said to himself "There is still a lot of time". 

Yoongi looked around her room. The books she read, a photo of her favorite K Pop band and stickers on her cupboard. He went through her stuff and curiously opened a drawer. He saw diaries and diaries stacked on one another. He removed them from the drawer and kept them on the table. There was one that caught his eye. It was written 'DAD' on it. Yoongi knew Su Mi never spoke about her dad. He was always so curious to know what had happened but refrained from asking as he knew it was something he expected Su Mi to come and tell him. Yet this time, curiosity got better of him and he opened her diary and flipped pages. Initially, there were these cute pictures of Su Mi and her dad together; doing chores, in the garden, fishing etc. She had written down a few memories about him, seemed like a desperate attempt to remember him.