Chapter 20

We walked back home holding hands and other stuff every other couple does.

It was so nice to know that the person I've been in love with for years is in love with me too. It is literally the best feeling in the world. I had a feeling Chris would be an amazing boyfriend. I couldn't stop smiling, I was grinning like an idiot.

When we got home, Ricky questioned our excitement but I guess he left it alone because he didn't bother us at all.

We spent the night together again, watching a few movies and stuff. Spending time with him was the greatest thing in the world.

*The Next Day*

We then sat on the couch, just talking. I then heard my phone ringing so I went upstairs to my bedroom to answer it.

I picked my phone up and stared at the caller ID telling me it was mom who was calling. I had no desire to talk to her but I answered it anyway.

"Hello?" I answered, sounding extremely disappointed.

"Carolina? Oh, are you okay? You haven't been home in a few months. I'm worrying about you!" She exclaimed.

"I'm fine. And the reason I haven't been home is because you and dad need to get your shit together! Do you know how much it hurts to see you two fighting!?" I started to cry.

"I'm so sorry, honey, but we've been having some complications lately and its also hard on us too."

"But could you guys at least make time for us still!? Even Kaspar told me he's getting ignored by you both! It hurts, mom!"

"I'm sorry. I also have to tell you something very important..." Her voice trailed off so I knew it couldn't be good.

"What? What happened?" I started to freak out.

"Well, I can understand this is very hard for you...but..Your father and I are splitting up," I started to bawl. "I'm sorry Carolina! There was nothing we could do!"

At that moment, I hung up, threw my phone across the room and collapsed onto my bed. I stayed there for a few minutes bawling. I then got up off my bed and reached for my Ugly Box.

I knew it wasn't a good thing to do, and I was breaking Chris's promise. I opened the box and grabbed one of the larger razors. I held it to my wrist and sliced. A nice, clean deep cut.

2, 3, 4, 5 times. I cried harder as the blood trailed down my arm and the pain got worse and worse. I let out a quiet wince in pain and grief.

I heard someone walking up the stairs so I quickly hid the box and covered the cuts by putting on a jacket.

There was a knock at my door, it was Chris. He walked into the room, sat next to me on my bed and wiped away the remaining tears.

"What happened?" I started to cry again.

"Mom and dad are splitting up completely.." I continued to cry. Chris pulled me in for a hug.

"Aw, baby I'm sorry. I know its hard for you," he pulled away, wiped away the tears kissed my forehead. "But, its going to be okay. You have all of us for starters. You have Kenzie and Hanna too. We love you. I love you."

"I love you too," I sniffed. "But I just wish they were still together and happy.."

"I know, but thats life. But you're stronger than you think. You can get through it. You'll be okay." He hugged me again and ended it with a kiss.

He got up and left with a smile, I smiled back. Once he left, I sighed with relief. I fell back on my bed and stared at the ceiling for a while.

For the rest of the day, I was really quite. I didn't talk to anyone, and I kept my earphones in my ears the whole time. Chris looked concerned but I didn't let it worry me, though I did kind of feel bad for breaking his promise and not telling him. But I tried to forget about it.

~~~~~

WOAH! o hai

k thanks bai <3