Chapter 08

"Hey V, you want me to drop you off at your work?" Tyson asks as he walks downstairs with Videl who shakes her head no.

"They are paying you enough, right?" he asks as he stares at her face and she nods her head, yes.

"Good, if you need anything just tell me okay. I will be going now" he smiles as he once again goes to ruffle her hair, but she holds his hand this time before putting a paper in it.

Tyson frowns as he opens the paper and reads it before his eyes snap at her.

"What is it? Don't you like this place?" he asks worried, but she just smiles before taking out the paper pad and pen.

"I do not want to be a bother to you"

"No, you are not, and I would not have been able to live if it was not for you, V. This is the least I can do for you"

"But I need to move on and find my own place, I got a job now" she smiles as she shows the paper.

"And you think you can afford to buy a place with that income?" he stares at her stunned.

Videl frowns as she blinks few times, now that she has a job, she thought she could afford a place and not be a bother to Tyson.

"Just relax V, you are so naïve. You cannot buy shit with the money you earn. Well, you can buy shit but that is not the point...

Anyways, I am getting late, see you later" he smiles as he waves and rushes out of the hotel.

*******

Videl keeps on thinking about what Tyson told her as she wipes the floor, thinking what she will do now. She cannot just depend on him all the time. She will need a place to stay if she is going to do things her way but how.

"Hey V, stop moping around and hurry up" Carter shouts pulling her out of her thoughts before she hurries and finishes the work.

She stands next to the counter as she watches few people walking in and out of the café; it was not much crowd today.

"What are you sulking about?" Pasco asks as he turns to face her and her shoulder slumps.

"Want to talk about it?" he asks using sign language and she smiles.

"I need a place"

"What?"

"A place, I can sleep in," she adds making him frown.

"Why, what happened to the place you are staying at?" he asks as he walks towards her.

"I have to leave it soon"

"Wait, who do you leave with?" he asks, and she sighs before using her hands to communicate.

"With a friend"

"What about your parents?"

"I ran away from my home"

"Are you crazy?" he stares at her shocked.

"I will be if I did not find a place soon. I thought getting a job will help but with this job I cannot afford a place"

"Yeah, but why the hell did you ran away?" he asks curiously making her sigh once again.

Videl waves her hands away as she walks out of the kitchen not wanting to explain anything to him.

"Do you want me to look a cheap place for you?" Pasco offers, and she turns back at once running to his side as she nods her head vigorously in excitement.