Chapter 09

"Are you okay, do you want me to call someone for you?" Tyson asks a silent Nicholson who was sitting without a word.

Nicholson closes his eyes as he takes a deep breath before slowly picking up his newspaper and opening it as he once again gets behind it.

"You did not" Tyson whisper shouts at Videl who grins proudly at him before pouting as Nonna hits at the back of her head.

"He must feel molested," Tyson sighs.

"This girl has no shame at all, my poor Cole" Nonna shakes her head as she puts a plate in front of Nicholson.

Nicholson says nothing as he silently eats the breakfast in front of him without looking at anyone.

"So, V now that you are back home and molested our Nicho enough, what are your plans?" Tyson asks as all of them quietly eat.

Videl shyly looks at Nicholson before she clears her throat when he does not look her way; he raises his brow at her as he feels her stare. He stops eating as she signs his way.

"No" he narrows his eyes at her at once, as he says no.

"I said No" he forces, both Nonna and Tyson frowns at them.

"What did she say?" Tyson asks Nicholson who stares at Tyson in annoyance.

"She wants to go back to her job and that's a no" he finalizes as he continues his eating.

"Do you want to?" Tyson asks and Videl nods her head.

"Well it's your life, you can do whatever you like it's not like anyone has claim on your life" Tyson shrugs his shoulder and Nicholson drops the spoon on the plate.

"Don't feed her things, her head is full of mischief already," he scolds Tyson who smirks.

"But he is right Nicholson, did you not say the girl cannot just be with us. Then again, this time if you kick her out, I will be in peace if I knew she could look after her," Nonna sighs.

"I am not kicking her out,"

"You say so now, but what happens when she does something you do not like?" Nonna challenges and he shuts up as his jaw ticks.

"It's okay sweetie, you can have your job" Nonna smiles at the girl.

Videl smiles widely as she once again stares at Nicholson and signs.

"Guess, your no, does not work on me as I am not claimed," she grins before she eats giddily, and Nicholson burns in anger as he holds onto his spoon tightly.

*******

"I am coming to pick you after work" Nicholson gives a head up as they stop out of the café.

Videl gives him two thumbs up as she unlocks the door and readies to get out, but Nicholson stops her.

"No learning any cooking while you are working, I will ask Nonna to teach you if you want" he warns, and she nods her head before she opens the door.

"Wait" he calls as he pulls something out of his coat pocket and hands her.

"Apply these on your hands before wearing any gloves or use it after you are done cleaning," he adds as he hands her a small bottle of lotion.

Videl nods her head as she holds the bottle closer to her chest and gets out, Nicholson groans as he follows her out of the car.

"Are you still putting the card there?" he asks as he grabs her arm and turns her around.