No More Hiding

I screwed up.

I screwed up bad.

I didn't mean it.

I really didn't.

I was just angry.

I was currently sitting in the dining room,eating homemade waffles. I never eat breakfast at the house...but today is a must. I cut another piece of waffle and quickly stuffed it in my mouth. I wiped away another tear,hoping my eyes didn't look too puffy.

Some of the words I told Peter last night were not intentional.

Some.

Yes. Things have changed since he came into my life.

Yes. I don't want my powers.

Yes. I'm his sister.

Yes. His uncle is not coming back.

But my voice didn't sound sincere when I told him. I sounded like a lunatic. I sounded like someone with no emotions.

I didn't mean to be so mean to him. I was just so......so-........so afraid of what happened.

"Are you done?" Aunts Sophias sweet voice snapped me out of my guilt. I looked down at my plate and ate the last waffle bite.

I gave her a soft smile. "Now I am." I grabbed my backpack from off the floor. "Thank you. I really needed this." I said.

"Are you feeling okay?" She asked,stepping closer to me. "I'm fine." I shrugged. "Okay.Well, let's go."

The drive to school was quick. Too,too quick. I felt like I was going to throw up the waffle right in the school entrance.

I bit my lip and stepped inside and pushed through all the students,towards my locker,but my tingling feeling made me stop.

My lips parted and I felt the world go in slow motion. My hair whipped as my eyes met with Peters across the hall. His face was filled with.....with....with I don't know what. He tucked his hands into his front pockets as he walked towards me.

No. I couldn't talk to him right now. I'm not ready.

I didn't waste another second on Peter and I kept on walking,knowing the bell will soon ring.

Oh shoot.

Chemistry is right now with Peter.

I felt my breakfast go back up my throat and I covered my mouth,trying to hold it back. I took deep breaths.

What do I do?

My tingling feeling once again rattled my brain. So much it turned into pain.

What was this?

It wasn't that Peter was close.

It wasn't a warning.

It was a feeling that wasn't mine.

It was his.

That was what it was trying to tell me.

He was filled with sadness....and I could feel it.

How?

I shut my locker and walked towards Chemistry,Peters emotion filling my heart.

I peaked my head into the classroom and there he was.

His chin on the desk,his eyes shut.

The feeling was way stronger now.

Stop! I shouted in my head,