Mother Hubbard

"Oh yeah...we toooatlly finished this." I said sarcastically. I threw my head back with a sigh, my body surrounded by rubble and books.

Peter sighed very deeply from next to me, also laying still on the ground. "Shut up."

I wouldn't say we were defeated by the Lizard. He just packed a heavy fight that currently slowed us down.

I shook off the pain and pushed myself up, standing and stepping through the large hole we had crashed through with the Lizard. I dusted my suit and looked down the messy hall.

"What are you doing?" Peter said from behind me, now also on his feet. "We're going after him right?" I looked over my shoulder, studying a hunched Spiderman through my lenses.

His head bobbed up and down. "Obviously."

"Besides, it's not like we can walk out the front doors without having the police arrest us." I pulled back my hood and slipped off my mask, parting my lips to inhale deeply.

My hair was glued to the back of my neck. I was sweating like crazy. From the distance I heard clattering.

"He's still here. Let's go!" I turned to Peter. His red mask was off too. It revealed his busted up face. The blood in his face was still wet, scratches were all over his cheeks.

I didn't want to imagine the way I looked.

We ran to the sound and also followed the claw marks etched deep into the walls and lockers. It led into the bathroom. The wall was crumbled. The restroom was also destroyed, the toilets and stalls all over the floor.

In one particular stall was a large torn up hole on the ground. A torn up dirty white Oscorp coat hung from the inside. I slowly approached the way down and stared at the coat.

Without hesitation, I fell through the hole with Peters loud outbursts. I landed in the sewers perfectly, barely making a sound as my feet slammed on the floor.

Peter came down shortly.

We had only crept for a few minutes when Peters phone ringed from his backpack. "Hey........We're fine. We're in the sewer tracking him. We got to stop him before anyone gets hurt...."

I barley listened as Peter gave Gwen instructions. Most of my attention was on any other noise rather than the stream of water.

I didn't like the idea of involving Gwen.

He hung up just as we went through another curve and see a small lab like area. There was tables, papers, and computers.

This was probably were Conners was this whole time.

Peter approached a screen with a paused video on Conners. He looked horrible. He was unrecognizable. This wasn't the same man that I looked up to.

Peter tapped a key and the horrifying video played.

"I spent my life as a scientist to create a world without weakness, without outcasts. I sought to create a stronger human being, but there's no such things. Humans are weak, pathetic, feeble-minded creatures. Why be human at all when we can be so much more....."

The video continued to play but my eyes were already on something else. Something scarier.

His research was displayed in front of us.

No.

Not his research.

His plan. His final product.