Olivarry: Can We Keep It?

A/N: Non-superhero au

Barry finished his work for the day and calls his boyfriend to come pick him up.

"Sorry, Bear, I got called into the office and I won't be back until late. You're gonna have to ask Joe to drive you home." said Oliver.

"Nah, he's busy, I'll just walk home." replied Barry.

"Are you sure? It's night already, you know it's dangerous at night." Oliver said with concern in his voice.

"You worry too much. I love you, see ya when you get home." Barry said before hanging up.

He puts his phone in his pocket, then leaves the station to head home. So far, he hasn't run into any trouble like Oliver feared he would. That is...until someone grabs him and roughly pulls him into an alleyway. Barry loses his footing and falls on his rear. The brunette looks up and sees a large man standing over him holding a pocket knife.

"L-look man...I-I don't want any trouble." Barry said slowly standing up.

Before he knew it, Barry is punched in the face. He stumbles to the side and catches himself on a wall.

"Shut up! Give me your wallet or ya gettin gutted like a fish." snarled the man.

"Okay, okay...t-take it! Please don't hurt me, please!" Barry whimpered terrified.

The forensic scientist holds out his wallet towards the mugger, shaking. The mugger snatches it out of Barry's hand and smiles evily. Barry cowers against the wall, waiting for the large man to go away. Knife in hand, the mugger rushes towards Barry.

"OH GOD, NO!!" screamed Barry.

Out of nowhere a large dog tackles the mugger and bites his arm. When the mugger is effectively scared, the dog lets go and the mugger runs away terrified. Barry was sitting on the ground curled up in a ball. The dog walks up to Barry and sniffs his hair. Fearing the dog might attack him, Barry flinched. Though, surprisingly, the dog began to lick his face; especially the area where he was punched.

"Ohh, you were protecting me, weren't you? You're a nice doggie aren't ya?" Barry said petting the dog.

The dog looked like a mix breed. It had white and blue-ish/black fur, and brown eyes. It bows and wags its tail.

"Well...thanks, doggie." Barry said getting to his feet.

He pats the dog's head and walks away. A little ways down the street, Barry noticed the dog was following him. Barry stops to allow the dog to catch up to him.

"Are you following me to make sure I get home safely?" Barry asked the dog.

The forensic scientist saw something in the dog's mouth.

"Whacha got there, doggie?" he questioned.

The dog drops whatever's in his mouth at Barry's feet; It was Barry's wallet. He picks it up and smiles.

"Okay, It's official, you are so coming home with me. You are the coolest dog ever." Barry laughed happily.

Because the apartment building Barry and Oliver lived in allowed pets, it was easy for Barry to get the dog to his apartment. He gives the dog some left over chicken strips and a bowl of water. When Barry saw his reflection in the fridge, he noticed his black eye.

"Aw crap, Oliver's gonna flip out." sighed Barry.

Barry goes and sits on the couch to wait for Oliver to get home. Two minutes later, the dog climbs onto the couch and lays on its back next to Barry. The brunette could clearly see that the dog was a boy. Taking this as a rub my belly sign, Barry rubs the dog's belly.

"Haha, you're such a cute little doggie, yes you are." Barry cooed.

Later on, Oliver walks through the door.

"Good news, Bear, I got done with my work early....oh my god, what happened to your face?!" Oliver said not even noticing the dog.

Oliver rushes over to Barry and cups his face examining his black eye.

"What happened, who did this to you?" he asked freaking out.

"Ollie, honey, calm down, I'm okay." Barry told Oliver.

The billionaire looks over and finally sees the dog. He then looks at Barry confused.

"What's this thing doing here?" Oliver asked.

"It's a cool story actually. You see, on my way home this guy tries to mug me but the dog attacked him to protect me. Then he just kinda...follows me home." Barry explained.

The dog stares intently at Oliver, making him slightly uncomfortable. Then the dog sniffs Oliver all over. After sniffing the handsome man, the dog licks his face wagging his tail.

"Guess he likes you too." Barry said.

"Yeah, I'm sure he does after realizing I'm not a threat." replied Oliver.

Oliver grabs an ice pack from the kitchen and sits on the couch next to Barry.

"Here, baby, put this on your eye." Oliver told his boyfriend.

Barry takes the ice pack from Oliver and carefully places it on his eye. The dog lays his head on Barry's lap. He pets the dog's head and back and lays his head on Oliver's shoulder.

"Ollie...can we keep him, please?" Barry asked.

"Are you sure about this, Bear?" Oliver replied.

"He saved my life, I owe him." said Barry.

To seal the deal, Barry gives Oliver a doe-eyed puppy-dog pout. Oliver caves immediately, he can never resist Barry's puppy-dog pout.

"Alright...it makes you happy, so I can't really say 'no'." Oliver chuckled.

"Yayyy!" Barry cheered.

He kisses Oliver and hugs him tightly.

"What should we name him?" asked Oliver.

"When I was a kid, I've always wanted a dog named Scout, so how about that?" answered Barry.

"Sounds good to me." Oliver said kissing Barry.

"But you gotta give him a bath, he stinks." he told his boyfriend.

Oliver and Barry never realized how challenging giving a large dog a bath would be. The couple ended up having more water and suds on them than Scout.