Chapter 38: Giving Gifts

It was the afternoon of the ball, everyone decided to start handing out gifts early since the ball was the night before Christmas.

Makes sense since we'll all be trashed in our dorms in the morning.

I gave mom and dad theirs, mom enjoyed her new wok and dad thought his hammock was badass.

Lily and Eva both enjoyed their jewels, Lincoln thanked me for the cozy black robe and Leandro enjoyed his new slippers.

I looked down at my other gifts and headed to Jolene's office, I got Thomas a gift too, just because he's old and probably would feel left out.

Pushing the door open, I headed inside watching Jolene sorting her books smiling at me "Annalise." She said happily.

I laid the gifts on the chair and looked for hers, "I got you a gift. I hope you like it." I said handing it to her and watching her smile and take it delicately.

She unwrapped it and I watched Thomas walk in wiping his forehead, quickly grabbing his wrapped gift I leaned over the seat holding it out to him "Merry Christmas Old Man!" I said smiling andwatching him look to me a bit surprised.

He took it carefully and looked to Jolene who was smiling at her gift, I had a feeling she'd like it.

Thomas eyed the gift opening it and looking down at the knife "It's Arabian, meant for slitting throats." I said beaming up at him.

He smiled and put it into his knife holster "Thank you Anne, that was very thoughtful of you." He said.

I shrugged "Don't worry about it, I love Christmas." I said picking the last few gifts going out the door looking to Jolene who was blushing. I got her a key necklace and wrote a note that she should unlock her happiness and love with Thomas. I put a '50 sex positions' book in there too.

Going to the gym, I was surprised Abe wasn't there and I sighed "Where's his dorm?" I asked myself before Bronx walked out from the locker rooms "Hello Anne." He said and I smiled pulling his gift out holding it to him "Merry Christmas Bronx. Do you know where Abe's dorm is?" I asked watching him stare at the gift like a kid eyeing a cool video game.

He opened it and nodded "staff wing, thirteen B." He said eyeing the knives. "These are perfect Anne!"

I smiled and headed past him to the dorms and knocking on Abe's door.

The door opened and I stood a bit taken back at the older brunette who answered. Her hair a mess but she stepped aside and Abe walked over fixing his pants. Can't say that didn't hurt.

"Anne?" He asked looking a bit shocked, I smiled sorrowfully "I really didn't mean to interrupt, I just wanted to give you a Christmas gift." I said grabbing it and handing it to him.

The girl smiled over his shoulder "Oh that's so sweet." She said aloud but then whispered in his ear "I think she's got a crush on you." She smiled at me like I was a kid.

Dumb bitch I almost fucked him.

He turned and looked to the girl "Alice will you give us a minute?" He asked and she nodded giving me a wink and heading into the room.

Abe shut the door behind him and stared at the gift "Uh, she-"

I held up my hand "Abe, please. No need to explain. I just wanted to give you a gift, I promise." I said smiling up at him.

He sighed "Thank you, I didn't get you anything." He said embarrassed.

I shook my head "I like giving gifts don't worry." I said giving him a small smile and heading down the hall looking back at him as he opened it and smiled down at the gift lifting the clipboard engraved with his initials.