🎵seventeen

"Where are you?" Yoongi asked on the other side of the phone

"At school." Wendy turned to Joy, she gave her a signal that she'll be there in a few miuntes.

"Okay. Don't wander around at night, it's already 6 pm."

Wendy blushed and stopped herself from smiling too much. He's bossy and yet she doesn't mind.

"Arasso." Silence... "I'll hang up now, be careful on your way back." Since Yoongi and his friends are at the country side, again. Because of Jimin.

"Okay, Bye."

Wendy hanged up and sighed. Is she too happy? It's starting to scare her, there must be something in exchange for that.

She walked towards Joy who gave her her mask, the event is starting in a few minutes.

"From the look of your face, it was Yoongi, isn't it?" Joy asked.

Wendy beamed a smiled. Joy clicked her tongue. "Look at you, you're so smitten."

Wendy laughed. "Says the girl who I saw holding her boyfriend's hand."

Joy's eyes widen. "Ya! Stop it." she said but laughed with her. "Why don't we go on a double date next time?"

"Date? I love it!" Just thinking about it makes Wendy excited already.

"Goodluck by the way, it'll be your turn soon."

Wendy gave her a small smile. "Thank you."

"Don't worry, even if you win, Irene unnie said you don't have to remove the mask."

Wendy chuckled. "Why are you talking as if I'll really win."

Joy gave her a thumbs up. "I'm an advance thinker."

Wendy laughed, she's glad that Joy is there with her or else she'll be nervous.

Joy said she'll go out and sit with the crowd since it'll be her turn next. She made her way to the crowd and saw Seulgi already looking at her, she gave a small wave and smiled, Seulgi smiled back and waved as well.

The MC called the next participant and Joy could see that Wendy is nervous as she keeps on sighing and holding onto the mic tightly. She's wearing the mask of Space beauty maetel.

The song started. Though the crowd were booing her, in the end, Wendy blew the crowd away with her voice. She sang 'Body Talk'.

Wendy was nervous but she tried to get herself together and think of something that would calm her down, she remembered Yoongi. When they were practicing and when they performed infront of everyone else, he's not there right now but she thought of him as she sing to ease her nervousness.

The song ended and she thought she didn't did well but when cheers errupted, the auditorium became wild. Wendy gasped as she felt overwhelmed by the wild cheer for her, tears just started rolling down her cheeks that even when she went back behind the stage she was still crying. That one performance of her vanished all her fears and inhibitions, she never felt so light before.

Joy who were clapping and shouting as her friend goes behind the stage feel proud of her. She just got the feeling of wanting to tell the people around that she's her friend.

"I think their concept is a good idea." Joy heard one of the girls talk behind her.

"Yeah, People won't judge you because of your appearance." Said the other.

Joy smiled, not only proud of her friend but of her sister as well.

The event continued, it wasn't Wendy who won though but she was given a recognition for being the mass' favorite, which Joy and Wendy were still glad because the winner had to take off the mask.