🎵Twenty-eight

"I heard that you're a manager of a shop, is that right?"

Joy smiled at the man in front of her and answered. "Yes."

She doesn't know why she keep on going to blind dates herself. She decided that it'll be her last even if she end up being a spinster forever.

"You're pretty and looks kind, why don't you have a boyfriend until now? Pardon for my question."

Joy saw that the man is polite and quite friendly so she didn't mind his question.

"Since you look kind yourself, I'll tell you honestly." The guy laughed at her remark and she did too before finally continuing what she's about to say. "I loved a guy but circumstances wouldn't let me continue my relationship with him."

The guy nod his head. "It must've been a waste. Right now, do you still like him?"

Joy turned her head on one side. "What if I say yes?"

The man laughed. "Then there's nothing that I can do about it. Ah by the way, I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Kang Daniel." He offered his hand.

Joy took it and shaked their hands. "I'm Joy."

"How about we become friends instead? I'd love to have a female friend."

"Well, you're not my first male friend but another friend on my list is nice."

Daniel and Joy both ate their food with a light atmosphere, they acted like they are just really friends not on a blind date, its more comfortable that way.

Just then Joy's phone rang. She looked at Daniel and saw that he urged her to take the call right there. She smiled, he's considerate.

Joy then answered her phone. "Seulgi Unnie?"

"Joyiah, where are you?"

"Ah, I'm with a friend, wae?"

"Oh... I see, blind date?"

Joy chuckled and saw Daniel grinned, like he heard what her unnie said.

"Sort of."

"Hmm... Then I can't bother you today huh, too bad."

"Wae unnie? You need help?" Her voice spuns sad.

"Well... Just things, Jimin's wedding."

"What?! W-wedding? With you?"

Joy heard her chuckled at the other side. "No, not with me."

Joy felt sad for her unnie though she's puzzled why she's the one organizing her ex's wedding, it must be hard for her.

"Where are you? Let's meet."

"But you have a date."

"He won't mind, right?" Joy asked turning her head to Daniel, the latter nod his head while smiling.

Seulgi and Joy decided to meet at a flower shop.

"I'm sorry, I have to leave."

"It's okay, I understand."

Joy smiled. "Thank you, I'll leave once I'm done." It would be rude to leave in the middle of eating right?

Before they separated, they exchanged their numbers.

"It was nice meeting you." She said.

"The pleasure is mine." Daniel said and left since he said he still have something to do at the mall.