Past

3rd POV
Ruby looked at Y/N with her silver eyes, a look of curiosity filled her face. He took a deep breath and a quick chug from his drink.
Y/N: your mother....was the greatest person I've ever met, she treated everyone with respect, even if they didn't deserve it, like Qrow.
Everyone looked and listened.
Y/N: I wish I could say me and her were friends when she passed.....I would have a chance to apologize.
Ruby: apologize for what?
Y/N: what I did to make her leave.
Flashback.
Y/N was walking with Summer through the forest. She was hugging his arm, he had a smile on his face.
Summer: it's a beautiful evening Y/N.
Y/N: it is.....one of the few where the air feels good too.
At this point they've been married for one year, living in the forest. They went to the first house he built, they both walked in to see the house was a mess.
Y/N: what the?
He pulled out the warhammer and walked back, he heard the sound of movement in one of the bedrooms.
Summer: what is it?
Y/N: I don't know.
He kicked open the door and slammed his hammer down, blood shot up and a few drops landed on his face. His face went quickly to horror as he realized what he has done. He dropped the warhammer and went to his knees.
Y/N: my.....niece.....what have I......
She was holding a small box, a paper that said
"thank you for letting me stay Uncle
Y/N and Aunt Summer, here's a gift, I hope you like it"
Summer walked in and screamed in horror. Y/N picked up his dead niece and held her close.
Y/N: I'm....so sorry....I though.....you were Grimm....I didn't even look.....
Tears filled his eyes as he hugged her, Summer ran up and hugged the niece as well.
Timeskip a week.
Y/N stood in the living room, looking down at Summer.
Summer: I'm sorry Y/N.....I cant....I can't live in the house my own blood died in....
Y/N: I understand......
She hugged Y/N one last time, she took the ring off and put it in his hand.
Summer: I can't....
Y/N's eyes filled with tears again, her eyes were filled with tears as well, she picked up her bags and left the house.
Summer: Goodbye Y/N.
The door closed, leaving Y/N alone, with nothing but a ring.
That night he let all the animals out and had the ring in his pocket. He took a torch and threw it through the window, setting the house in flames as he stood with his fists tightened.
Y/N: I'm sorry.
Flashback End.
They all looked at Y/N who got up and left the house. Kali looked at the girls and quickly followed Y/N out. He went to the lake and just stood their watching.
Kali: Y/N?
Y/N remained silent, this is the first time anyone has heard the story, Summer never told Tai or Qrow what happened, she always said it didn't work out, for if they found out they would've hunted Y/N for killing family.
Kali: I'm sorry about what happened.
Y/N: you don't need to be sorry....I told the story, I wasn't ready.
Kali: what do you plan to do?
Y/N: something I tried to do before my second marriage, and the first month after the divorce.
Kali: you don't mean?
Y/N: I do mean....
Kali slapped Y/N across the face.
Kali: listen! Those girls need you! They don't have anyone! Do you think anyone wants to see these girls starving and alone?! No! These girls have done nothing wrong! And you are just going to end it all?! I'm sorry to say but you're nothing more than just selfish!
She walked off leaving Y/N alone. He sighed before picking up the bricks and throwing them in the water.
Y/N: she's right.
He walked away from his house with his warhammer in hand. Kali walked back into the house and sat down.
Ruby: so he and mommy....dated?
Yang: I think they were married.
Kali looked at them, they aren't scared or talking about how Y/N killed, but instead of his relationship with Summer. She then smiled a little bit and looked at the door.
Kali: girls, want to help me with something?
Yang: sure!
Ruby: what happening?
Kali: I want to see something, Yang let's finish that stew, Ruby, can you....uh you're 18 months.
Yang: she's smart though.
Kali: how smart?
Ruby: two plus two is four.
Kali: that's adorable, could you by any chance stall Y/N if you see him come back?
Ruby saluted and walked outside and sat on the chair.