Night Talk

Y/N POV
I was eating the stew, Kali was watching me.
Me: so....what did you want to talk about?
Kali: just, how much you've changed in a few hours, what happened?
Me: stuff.
Kali: no no, what happened, you left angry like you usually do, but you came back so happy, I like it, but I just want to know what happened.
I thought back to the cave.
Me: well, I might as well tell you, and don't think I'm crazy, because I'm not.
Kali: alright I won't.
Me: I met with a genie named Casandra, she opened my eyes.
Kali: what did she say?
Me: that she spoke to Summer....basically telling me to move on, don't live in the past, Casandra also told me to watch the kids, and I'll learn...happiness, as stupid as it sounds, I'm going to give it a try.
Kali: I think it's nice you are trying this, you'll be much happier if you open up more.
Me: I hope so, you know, this is the first time I've smiled in almost 8 years.
Kali: really?
Me: yep....
3rd POV
He looked down at the bowl of stew and he smiled a little bit. Kali smiled as well and put her hand around his hand. He looked at her and grinned.
Y/N: thanks Kali
She nodded and then got up.
Kali: I'm going to tuck the girls in.
Y/N watched her enter the room. He then heard something hit the window outside, he walked out and he saw a white rose. He picked it up and looked at it.
Y/N: I think I understand.
He slightly chuckled before walking in, holding the rose.
Timeskip one week
It's been quiet, though the girls and Y/N have warmed up to each other, especially Ruby and Y/N, those two are inseparable like a daughter and father. Kali and Y/N have been talking more and he's opened up a little, not a lot, but he's allowing more into his life than when everyone first met him.
Y/N: alright girls, I need to ask Kali something, go into the room and get ready for bed.
They ran into the room, leaving Kali and Y/N.
Kali: Y/N....
Y/N: listen, I have a question for you.
Kali: oh? What is it?
Y/N: I wanted to know if you wanted to go out for a....picnic by the lake?
Kali: like a date?
Y/N: yep.
Kali: sure, what time were you thinking?
Y/N: tomorrow, mid day, Silverstride can watch the girls.
Kali: well...alright
She walked to the bathroom area to get ready.
Kali: it's a date.
She closed the door behind her, Y/N smiled and walked outside to breathe in the night air.
Y/N: I got an idea.
He picked up his warhammer, hesitating for a few seconds, before breathing out and walking with it into the forest. He walked up to one of the trees and in one swing he put down the tree. He then threw it over his shoulder and brought it to the house.
Y/N: about ten more are needed, better plant some saplings though, god forbid my cover being blown with less trees.
He started planting and cutting as he went, making sure his home remains as hidden as possible. There was then rustling in the bushes, making him battle prepared.
Y/N: who's there?
The rustling then stopped, until finally a man walked out, it was another bandit.
Y/N: I have three guess on why you are here.
Bandit: need to water our horses, and we were hoping to set up an outpost, I was told to have this done real nicely, I heard what you did to the other bandit gangs.
Y/N: you have a lot of nerve coming up to me and asking to build an outpost, and to water your horses, you have some of my slight respect for that, but I know you are not alone, in the trees, two men, and the bush behind me is a lady no more than twenty-five.
Bandit: *sigh* alright guys, come on out.
The bandits came out, technically surrounding Y/N.
Y/N: the answer is still no, I don't know what you bandits will do to help this land besides killing all the animals and getting rid of trees.
Bandit: don't you hunt?
Y/N: I give animals enough time to reproduce, I only go after males when the time is right, when it's mating season for mammals, I fish, and vice versa.
Bandit: now how long have you been in these woods?
Y/N: way too long, I suggest you turn around.
A dagger was heard being unsheathed, Y/N pretended he didn't hear it. The bandit walked closer and closer, only to have his hand grabbed and snapped by the bow irritated Y/N.
Y/N: come to me a week ago and I would've killed him, but I'm feeling generous tonight, leave now!
The bandits ran off in fear, Y/N threw his warhammer over his shoulder and walked to the house, he would cut the wood first thing in the morning.