Betrayals and Revelations

I woke up with a sore neck. I sat up and looked around. I was in the living room, next to the couch, tied up to the ground with metal shackles. The same shackles used by the ones who tried to experiment on me years ago.

"Malay, look who decided to wake up. A newbie vampire. Isn't it cute?", Yash asked.

"Would have been more cute if I didn't have to catch it following me", Malay said with equal sarcasm.

"What do you think we should do with her? Her partner in crime is sitting right there. Who should go first?", Yash asked.

"I would say we torture one, make the other watch and then kill the both of them", Malay smirked.

"I have been a little out of touch with my game lately. Why don't you decide who gets tortured first", Yash pushed Malay forward.

"I say we torture the newbie then go with the kid. He's less than 200 right?", Malay asked. Yash nodded.

"What do you suggest should be our plan of revenge?", Yash smirked raising an eyebrow.

"Let's keep it simple. She is a newbie, afterall. I will kill her in a pool of her own blood nearly an hour after she stops bleeding", he said as if they were discussing dinner plans.

"Don't you think her blood would dry in an hour?", Yash asked with fake innocence.

"That's the point. The quantity of blood would make it impossible to dry out in an hour. We talked the boring part. Let's talk the fun part. How I make her bleed", Malay smirked.

I closed my eyes and waited for him to announce my fate. "Stop!", I heard a voice. It's Ketan.

"The kid's getting excited. Do you want to be the one to torture her?", Yash raised an eyebrow.

"Wait. I have a proposal you would like", Ketan said.

"Can't it wait? We are in the middle of something"

"You will like it. I promise. Just hear me out, please", Ketan panted.

"If I don't like it, you will be the one to torture her", Yash said nonchalantly.

Ketan nodded. "I will join your army if you give me your word about something"

"What is it with you two promising to join my army on conditions? If it has anything to do with your sister-"

Ketan cut him off, "No, it doesn't". Yash motioned for him to continue. "I will join your army if you leave Amaira without hurting her", he said shocking me.

"You don't have to do it. I will be fine", I said.

"You are in this mess because of me. It's time for me to make it right", he turned to Yash, "What will it be?", he asked.

"Your offer sounds tempting. Fine, I will take it. Malay, whip him to shape", he said before leaving.

"What about her? You said you will leave her", Ketan asked.

"I said I will leave her and I am leaving her. I don't recall discussing the state I leave her in", Yash smirked and left.

Ketan was about to say something but I interrupted him before he could even speak. "I will be fine. Take care of yourself"

Malay dragged Ketan outside. I looked at the shackles. Years of experience told me that pulling my hands away isn't going to do me any good. I looked at the way the chains are attached to the ground. They weren't here before.

I looked closer and found a way. I started by ripping the carpet to shreds. When I found a base, fitted to the floorboard, all that's left was to remove the screws.

There wasn't much time to prepare it so using screws made sense. I used my claws to loosen the screws and managed to free my hand. Well, the shackles were still around but I could atleast move my hand easily.

I used the same technique to free my other hand and legs. I dragged the shackles with me as I went outside.

I do remember seeing a hacksaw in the store room. I managed to reach the store room without making much noise. The hacksaw was among other rarely used tools.

I placed the shackle at the end of a wooden table before using the hacksaw to cut it. Since the hacksaw was long and I had to cut the shackles on my hand, it was hard to keep going without losing grip.

The heat increased as I kept going. The hot metal started burning my wrist. It wasn't as bad as the sun but it wasn't better either. When I was nearly halfway done, the door opened. It was Ketan.

"What are you doing?", he rushed to me, pulling the hacksaw away from my hand.

"I am trying to cut the shackles. Give it back", I said.

"The skin around your wrist is burnt. Let me take a look at it", he reached forward.

"It's fine. The heat from when I cut the metal burnt my skin a little. I will probably start healing when the shackles are off", I shrugged.

"I can help you with that", he offered.

"Did they hurt you?", I asked. He shook his head. "Good because I don't want to feel bad for the silent treatment that I am going to give you", I said grabbing the hacksaw from him.

"Silent treatment? Why? I saved both of us from getting slaughtered. Granted, I didn't get you out but I was coming back for you", he defended.

"Do I look like the kind of woman who gets mad at something like that?", I asked. He shrugged. "Just forget it. Your 'lord' is waiting outside", I resumed the work.

"Atleast tell me what I did wrong"

"You joined his bloody army! That's what you did wrong", I growled.

"I did that to save both of us", he defended again.

"You did that to save me. You yelled at me for wanting to join him to help and now you did the same. I feel guilty because now you have to live in fear for the rest of your life. I feel guilty because you had to betray everything you ever stood for, just to save my life. Why? Why did you do it?", I shouted.

"Because you are my mate", he shouted just when I finished.