Turning Point

I closed my eyes and waited for sunlight to reach me. Instead of feeling the warmth or the fire, I could feel a hand grab me and jump down. I opened my eyes to see Yash. He pushed me into the mansion.

"What do you think you are doing?", He growled towering over me.

"I was tired of being scared of you all the time. I decided to end it once and for all", I growled back.

He roughly grabbed my chin and pulled me closer, "Your life belongs to me. Whether you like it or not. You need my approval even to end it. Try it once more and I will tear you apart limb by limb and bury you alive. Understood?", he growled and let go of my jaw.

"This is why I wanted to end my life. I knew I would be playing with fire the minute I chose to join you but I never thought I would literally be playing with fire. What do you expect me to do? Live in fear of getting burnt every time I do something wrong? That's not the life I want. Instead of killing me everyday, kill me once. You will be doing both of us a favour"

"Why do you think I made you my blood pet? You are gonna have one job. There is no way you can screw that one up", he smirked.

"I give a huge speech about wanting to end my life because of you and all you say is you made the right choice?", I look at him in disbelief.

"Listen, I don't usually take shit from the vamps I turn but since you had a bad day, I am letting it slide. Don't push it", he said not caring about anything I said.

If it was any other time, I would have loved to go to my room but this time, even if I did go to my room, I wouldn't be increasing the distance between us. I would actually be reducing it.

I spotted Ketan at the corner of my eye. I turned to look at him. He had a guilty look on his face. "It's all my fault", he whispered but I could clearly hear it.

"What did you expect was going to happen?", I asked tired of all the shouting I did.

He slowly walked towards me. "I know vampire blood is like a drug but I thought you would be able to control yourself"

"What's the worst that could have happened if I hadn't fed on your blood?"

"You would have fainted and not woken up till somebody else feeds you animal blood. For some reason, if I am not around during sunset, that somebody could take advantage of your vulnerability and make you agree to anything they want. I couldn't let that happen to my friend"

I scratched my head thinking of a comeback. "What do I do now? All I feel is hunger for vampire blood. Standing in front of you just makes me want to bite into your vein"

"Detox", he simply stated.

"What?", I asked puzzled.

"You haven't fed since the last time you drank my blood. You got burnt once and didn't drink any blood so I assume you are starving?". I nodded. "Then drink as much rabbit blood as you can"

"Sun is up. I need to wait til sunset. I don't know when he is going to call me to drink my blood", I shivered at the thought of it.

"I thought you would sleep in today. I left a few bottles of rabbit blood in the fridge. Be right back", he used vamp speed to leave and came back with a bottle of blood.

I opened the cap and the smell was nauseating. I used vamp speed to reach the sink and puke everything out. "Are you alright?", Ketan asked.

"The smell of rabbit blood just made me puke blood. What do you think?", I asked wiping blood off my mouth. "Now that your blood isn't in my body anymore, can I walk in sunlight and not get set on fire?", I asked hopefully.

"It doesn't work that way. It's going to take atleast a week before you can walk in sunlight with mild burn. Sorry"

"I spent my entire vampire life drinking rabbit blood. One day I drink vampire blood and suddenly I am throwing up at the smell of rabbit blood. How messed up is that?"

"Warm blood might help. I am gonna get something alive for you", he said and turned towards the door.

"The sun is up", I reminded him.

"It's still morning. If I am careful, I can catch one rabbit and be back in time"

"You would do that for me?", I asked surprised.

"I am the reason you are in this position in the first place. It makes sense that I help you fix it. Besides, I have more resistance to sunlight compared to you", he smiled.

"It's fine. I can wait till sunset. I guess", I shrugged.

"Amaira, come here", Yash shouted.

I groaned and walked towards the library. Ketan gave me a sad smile.

"Fill this bottle with your blood", Yash tossed me a bottle.

"You will drink from this?", I looked at the bottle and raised an eyebrow.

"Unless you are fine with me biting your hand ever now and then, you have to keep filling bottles"

"I thought you would go for my neck", I chuckled tossing the bottle between my hands.

"I, uh, I won't do that", he said a little embarassed.

"I saw you bite the necks of many humans. You even bit my neck before I turned. What's the big deal?", I asked confused.

"Biting neck is an intimate thing among vampires. It's fine when you were a human but since you are a vampire, I can't do that", he said.

I was shocked by what he said. Guess I was worried for nothing all this time. "Now fill the bottle before I change my mind and bite you", he chuckled.

I bit down my wrist and squeezed the blood into the bottle. When I was done, I left the bottle on the table and went to the living room.

"I got you a little something", Ketan said dropping a cougar down.

"A cougar?", I asked surprised. A smile crept across Ketan's lips. "How far did you go?"

"I tracked down a few of them during my training yesterday. Wasn't that hard to find one today. Now hurry up and drink it's blood before it gets cold", he said as if he was referring to coffee.

I bit down the cougar's neck and tasted its blood. On any other day, it would have been a treat but on that day, it was just another thing which made me puke.