First Mission

"I have to do this with you?", I asked.

"We don't have a choice. Yash said it's to test my training skills", Ketan said.

"Let's just get this over with", I snatched the hoodie from him and put it on before leaving the door, while muttering curses at the same time.

"You don't have to do this. You can just go somewhere and wait while I steal the bags", Ketan offered.

"Oh, you are making decisions for me now. What else did you plan on doing, my dear mate?", my voice was dripping with sarcasm.

"I was just trying to help"

"Don't bother from next time", I gave him a plastic smile. We reached the hospital quicker than expected but since I was with him, it felt the opposite.

"According to what Malay told me, there is a door next to the reception which leads to the cold storage. One of us can create a scene to distract everyone, while the other gets inside, fills up this bag with blood bags and comes out before anyone can find out", Ketan showed me the empty backpack.

I looked inside the hospital through the window. "Or I can just flirt with the receptionist. No patients are waiting and he looks kind of hot", I said looking at him.

"Y-You wanna flirt with him?", Ketan asked slightly shocked.

"Yeah, is that a problem?", I raised an eyebrow.

"N-no. Not really. I guess, I, uh, I need to be ready?"

"Don't be late", I said and went inside, removing the hoodie and glasses.

"It's so hot in here, isn't it?", I walked to the receptionist.

"It's almost noon. A little heat is expected", he smiled.

"I am Amaira. I just moved here. It's easy to get lost in this town"

"Yeah. All buildings look the same. What can I help you with?", he smiled. Ketan sneaked past us and made his way to the storage.

"Well, I broke up with my boyfriend recently and was hoping to see a psychiatrist but then I realised the best way to get over it is by trying to find someone new"

He chuckled, "You think I'm hot, don't you?"

I was a little surprised by his question but decided to play it cool. "Who doesn't?", I playfully raised an eyebrow.

"For starters, the guy who came with you doesn't"

"W-What do you mean?", I asked.

"You don't need to flirt or try to flirt with me to get into the storage. I am a vamp", he smiled.

"So you heard us?", I asked.

"Everything. I don't know anything that happened between you two but he clearly likes you. He looked like he would kill me when he entered", he chuckled.

"Yeah, it's a little complicated", I shrugged.

"That's why I didn't try to find anyone. I waited for my mate"

"That's the problem. He is my mate", I said a little embarassed.

He was shocked, "You told your mate that you were gonna flirt with me?", his jaw dropped.

"We were never together so technically he can't be jealous. I don't see the problem"

"I guess you are new to the whole thing. Just the thought of seeing you with another man is crushing him"

I looked at his name tag. Nihar. "Look, Nihar, it's good that you want to help fix things between me and him but you don't know what he did"

"It's not about fixing things between the two of you. When he is back, tell him that I'm a vampire and that I treated you like a sister. Or else my head will be handed to me in a silver platter"

I saw Ketan sneak out of the storage. Nihar just waved at him. I mouthed the word 'Vamp', relaxing him a little.

"So, you are cool with us?", Ketan asked Nihar.

"Yeah, it's fine. If it stops you from feeding on humans and killing them or exposing us, I am cool with it", Nihar smiled.

"Thank you. This means a lot to us", Ketan said.

"You get going. I will be right behind you", I said to Ketan.

"Our plan was for you to distract him till I steal the blood. Why would you want to stay back?", he sounded a little hurt.

"I need to talk to him about a few things", I shrugged. Ketan left reluctantly.

"Are you trying to get me killed?", Nihar asked me.

"No, I just have a few questions and my 'mate' isn't exactly the person I want to talk to after what he did"

"I don't know what he did and honestly, I don't care. If you care about him enough to forgive him, let him know that. If you hate him enough to never want to see him, ever, let him know that too. The sooner the better", Nihar said.

"I don't want to break his heart but I don't exactly know what I want"

"How about you take your time and when you make up your mind, let him know what you think?"

"That sounds great. Thank you for helping me even though we just met. I can't thank you enough"

"It's one vamp for another. You can talk to me anytime you want", Nihar smiled.

"I will see you around. Bye, Nihar"

I walked out to find an angry and disappointed Ketan. He was standing far enough to not hear our conversation. I started walking back to the mansion.

"What did you two talk?", Ketan broke the silence.

"None of your business"

"Do you like him?"

"Again. None of your bloody business", I gave another plastic smile.

Ketan looked like he could kill Nihar at any moment so I decided to react before it's too late.

"Listen, I don't know if I am ready to forgive you for what you did to me, I am willing to try. I am not sure about anything at the moment. I just need to focus on getting over my blood lust at the moment. I need some time"

"That day-", he started but I cut him off.

"Let's not talk about it just yet. I need to get over my blood lust and make sure I don't do anything which would get me thrown in the sunlight. We will talk about everything later"

"So, you are willing to talk about it?"

"Someday, yeah but that day is not today". Ketan agreed with me.