Hunger and Blood Lust

It's been three days since I fed on Ketan. Since then, everything I drank just came out of my mouth. With my little blood donations, I started growing weak and Ketan noticed it too.

"If you can't drink blood then you atleast need to eat something", Ketan said.

"You don't know what it feels like. I have this hunger than can only be gone if I drink your blood but I know it will only worsen everything"

Yash walked around, casually eavesdropping on our conversation, "If only we knew something that's before vampires in food chain", Yash murmured to himself but it was loud and clear enough for us to hear.

"What does he mean?", I asked.

"Humans are before vampires in food chain", Ketan fixated his eyes on Yash.

"Does that mean I have to drink human blood?", I looked at both of them.

"Only if you want to. There are plenty of humans in the entire world to choose from", Yash said.

"But I don't want to kill any humans"

"Then you can drink Ketan's blood and I'm gonna push you into the sunlight every time you finish", Yash gave a wicked smile.

"Let's think about this for a while okay? You don't need to kill anyone. You need to stop before you drain enough to kill", Ketan said.

"I wonder what they're gonna do when they find out a bloodsucker is here", Yash smiled again.

Ketan turned to Yash, "You have human blood with you, right? What if we warm it up to human body temperature?"

"That's a good idea. Except, my stash is over. Tough luck, huh?", Yash smirked and left.

"What's wrong with this guy?", Ketan slammed his fist down on the chair, breaking it.

"Atleast he showed us a way", I shrugged.

"I'm gonna look for ways to get blood without humans noticing", Ketan clutched the chair till his knuckles went white.

"You don't have to do that. I will figure something out", I said.

"I started this, remember?", he raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, but you don't have to be the one to finish it. I will be fine"

On my way to my room, I saw a mirror. I looked in it and saw a woman that I don't recognise. My eyes were filled with only one desire. Ketan's blood. My eyes went dark as I contemplated ways to back Ketan info a corner and drink his blood. I quickly shook that feeling away.

When I was about to open the door to my room, something at the corner of my eye caught my attention. I went closer and found a blood bag. Yash was lying about not having blood around. He said he had no blood and I intended to make that true.

I walked down with the blood bag and decided to warm the red liquid. "Guess what I found on my way?", I flashed the bag at Ketan.

"That son of-"

I cut him off, "Let's check if his theory works fist". He nodded.

We went to warm the red liquid. Once it was warm enough, I transferred it to a cup and took a sip. For once, I didn't feel the need to puke. I smiled.

"How is it?", Ketan asked unsure of what to expect.

"It tastes bad but I will be fine. It's better than having to puke your guts out", I chuckled taking another sip.

Yash walked out smelling the blood. "What the hell do you think you are doing?", Yash growled.

"You said you were out of blood and we planned on making it true", I grinned.

"I said I was out of human blood. That bag has vampire blood in it, you morons!", he growled.

"What?", I was surprised.

"Now don't tell me you didn't sense it before", Yash growled at Ketan.

"I wasn't focusing on it", Ketan mumbled.

"Wait a minute. If it's vampire blood, why did it taste so bad? Ketan's blood tastes like heaven and this is just... bitter", I set the cup down.

"It's because Ketan is your mate", he said in a duh tone.

"How is that supposed to be any different?", I asked confused.

"I can't believe I am telling this even though I turned you 15 years ago. It makes a difference. Consider vampire blood as chocolate. You can live without it. Your mate's blood, on the other hand, is like crack. It's the only thing you would ever want to have"

"How do I make it stop then? Do I feed on him forever?", I asked hoping for a way.

"The only way is for you to do what you are destined to do", he said.

"So, you are saying, I need to fall in love with him to stop this hunger?", I raised an eyebrow.

"You don't have to go through that trouble. Sleeping with him is fine. Think of it as a loophole"

"It's not what it seems like", Ketan tried to explain.

"Really? To me it feels like it's exactly what it seems like", I tried hard to suppress the building anger.

"I had no choice"

"Well, you had the choice to leave me in the room that day"

"You don't understand. I've had this intense urge to feed you my blood since-"

I cut him off, "Since the day I walked through the door?". He nodded. "Save it! I've had enough of hearing this bullshit. I don't want to hear any more of it", I growled and used my vamp speed to reach my room.

I knew it was the only place he wouldn't dare enter. For once, I was glad whoever wants to reach me have to enter Yash's room first.

"Come out", Yash knocked on the door.

"What do you want?", I asked from inside.

"For starters, I want you to come out", he said, impatiently.

"What is it?", I opened the door.

"I have a mission for you", he said.

"Mission? I thought I was your blood pet", I said confused.

"You still are. It's a mission for my blood pet. Go to a hospital and steal blood bags from them. That's your mission", he said.

"Why would you want me to do that?", I asked.

"Do you want me to throw you out when the sun is still up?", he threatened. I shook my head. "Good. Now get going. Your partner in crime is waiting outside with camouflage"

I walked out to find Ketan with hoodie and glasses. He is my partner is crime? You've got to be kidding me!