25

Jimin awoke in the living room, laying on the couch that he'd fallen asleep on the night before.

Last night, he hadn't stopped crying. He was sure he cried himself to sleep from the painful sting in his eyes, and the sleep that crusted them.

He wiped at his eyes then rubbed them to help him see better. He looked around his and Yoongi's apartment hoping that his boyfriend had came home last night.

"Y-Yoongi?" Jimin called out.

He slowly stood from the couch and immediately his hands went to his back to support himself in standing. Pain shot up his upper back due to the position he had fell asleep in. Jimin winced as he took small steps towards the set of stairs.

"Yoongi?" He called out again and received no response.

Jimin didn't want to cry again, but he could tell that he was about to from the stinging building up in his nose. He sniffled as he turned away from the stairs, now coming to terms with the fact that Yoongi hadn't returned home last night.

A singular tear rolled down the young man's cheek which he quickly wiped away. He felt sick to his stomach knowing that he drove Yoongi away. He did this to himself. He was so wrapped up in Hoseok staying that he was willing to do anything for him to stay.

Of course he meant what he said— he would never say he wanted Hoseok as his second caregiver of he didn't mean it. Hoseok and Yoongi were his family, the ones who have been with him since he left the orphanage. He wondered why it took him so long to realise that he wanted Hoseok as his caregiver, and the conclusion he could come to was he didn't know what he had until it was about to leave him.

When he was with Hoseok, he always felt reassured that he was safe and that he was loved and cared for, and with Yoongi he felt the same way.

Hoseok was home to him. If one half of a whole is gone, where would that leave him?

Although he didn't question his feelings towards Hoseok, why else would he feel such a way to someone who he didn't love romantically? He felt the same love for Yoongi and Hoseok yet he repeatedly told himself that Hoseok was a close friend and nothing but a close friend.

And up until this point, he had convinced himself.

Jimin's bottom lip quivered, signalling he was about to shed more tears. Unwanted, undeserved tears. He shouldn't be crying when it was him who hurt the one person he promised himself he never would.

Suddenly, the sound of the doorbell filled the apartment. Jimin's attention turned to the front door. He hobbled over to the door, thinking that Yoongi would be there.

He then pulled the door open and instead of being greeted by his boyfriend, he was met by Seokjin who was holding his and Namjoon's one year old daughter, Riyah.

"H-hyung..." Jimin spoke softly, his disappointment evident in his voice.

"Jimin-ah, were you crying all night? Have you eaten? Here, hold Riyah while I make you something to eat." Seokjin quizzed.

He handed his daughter over to Jimin who took her with open arms. Seokjin walked into Jimin and Yoongi's apartment, making sure to close the door behind himself before walking to the kitchen to make a start on Jimin's breakfast.

Riyah looked up at Jimin with her big hazel eyes. He took her small hand with his index finger, allowing her to wrap her hand around his own.

"Hey sweetheart."

Riyah stared at Jimin for a few seconds before she begun to whimper. She could sense his distress which made her uncomfortable and scared.

"S-Seokjin hyung!" Jimin called out as he attempted to rock Riyah to quiet her down but his efforts made little influence.

Seokjin looked up briefly to see Jimin struggling. "I put her bag near the door. Just take out her dummy and put it in her mouth. She'll fall asleep in no time."

Jimin held Riyah with one hand as he crouched to take her dummy out of the bag. He pushed the whit dummy into her mouth and gently rocked her but she only spat out the dummy and crier harder, her face becoming red.

"Hyung." Jimin called out.

Seokjin huffed as he put the utensils down and turned the stove off. He quickly washed his hands and jogged to Jimin and took his daughter from him.

As soon as Riyah saw her father, she quietened down as he pecked her head and walked around the room with her bouncing Riyah on his hip.

"I- I can't do anything right. I've known Riyah since you and Namjoon hyung first adopted her and I've been so good with her up until now a-and Yoongi- Yoongi hates me! What's wrong with me?!" Jimin cried out as he wiped at his eyes with the back of his hand.

Seokjin looked at Jimin with sympathetic eyes. Riyah had slowly fallen asleep in her parents arms, so Seokjin lay her across the couch.

"Minnie, come here." He told the younger as he opened his arms up to him.

Jimin stood in his place, breaking down into a state where his eyes were even more red and puffy than they had been initially and his nose running.

Seokjin walked up to Jimin an engulfed him in a hug. Jimin arms wrapped around Seokjin's slim waist tight as he cried his heart out into his hyung's shirt.

"Shhh, Min... It's okay baby, it's alright."

________

i wrote half of this in the hospital and now my nose hurts🙁

goodnight lil crackheads