27.

I nod at the doctor who stands in front of me, as I stare at her silky black hair, her words filling my ears.

"I'd like to keep you overnight and run some more tests," she smiles, her white teeth gleaming from behind her rosy lips. I know she's probably said these words many times to many different people, but I'm not someone who's heard them before. It's nerve wracking, and if she wasn't smiling like she was, I would think it to be ominous.

"Okay," I sigh, "Will I be able to leave early tomorrow?"

She remains smiling as she informs me, "That all depends on the results of your tests."

I resist a groan, wishing I could get a straightforward answer, but instead just give her another nod as she takes her leave. As soon as she exits, Iwaizumi enters, an uneasy smile placed on his lips.

"What'd she say?" He asks, motioning to the doctor.

"She asked if I wanted to stay overnight while they ran more tests," I yawn, "She doesn't think it's anything to be concerned about though, probably just dehydrated and overworked."

He accepts my lie, though I can tell he has his doubts. His face is relaxed, but his body is tense, and frigid. I know he doesn't like the idea of me staying in a hospital alone, and I sense he's about to ask to stay, but he shakes his head, "Do you want Oikawa to come keep you company? I can stay at your house and watch Seiji."

I shake my head, "I'm an adult Iwaizumi, I can stay here myself, why don't you go home to sleep?"

He shrugs, "Won't you be bored?"

"Iwa, I'm going to fall asleep as soon as you leave I promise," I laugh softly, "Don't worry about me too much."

"That's hard to do when you're spending the night in a hospital," he admits, his eyes glued to the monitor beside my bed, and the paper thin gown I'm wearing, "If you're sure you'll be fine I'll go."

"I promise," I force myself to smile, as I reach for my phone on the table beside me, "I'll call Oikawa and tell him to bring Seiji here before he leaves for practice tomorrow."

"That's going to be really early though, are you sure you don't-"

"Don't worry," I brush him off, "It's not that serious."

He just nods, before turning to the door, looking at me one last time before leaving. I watch him carry on down the hallway until he's out of view, and I pick up my phone to dial Tooru.

"Hello?" He answers almost immediately, "What happened?"

"Well I'm going to stay here overnight," I explain, "There's a few more tests, but they said I should be fine tomorrow."

"I'll head over there now then," his voice speeding up, "Can Iwa-chan come watch Seiji?"

"No, no," I sigh, "I told him to go home and sleep. I'm fine to stay here by myself, just bring Seiji to me tomorrow before you leave if you can."

" I don't know (F/N)," he pauses, "Are you sure you want to sleep alone?"

I mutter a quiet yes, before realizing I'm missing Seiji's warmth beside me. I know it's ridiculous to be so put off by something like spending a night without him, but I was looking foreword to cuddling up next to both of them tonight. Now instead, I'm sitting alone in a cold hospital bed, with nothing except the sound of monitors beeping to keep the room from being silent.

"I can take him with me tomorrow if that makes things easier," he pauses, "He liked going with me last time."

I hum to myself, thinking it over, it probably is best if he doesn't have to rush a cranky Seiji here first thing in the morning, "That's fine by me."

"Alright then," I hear him sigh into the phone, as the line grows quiet.

"Is he still sleeping?" I ask quietly, running a hand over the blue paper gown the nurse gave me.

"Yeah," he answers breathily, "Will he be too tired if I wake him up early tomorrow? Should I skip practice?"

"Please don't," I sigh, "I'd feel terrible if you did, I'm sure Seiji will be a little cranky, but it'll be fine."

"Okay," he pauses, "I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"Mhmm." I hum into the phone, "I'll see you then."

"Goodnight (F/N)." He murmurs quietly, before letting out a small yawn.

"Goodnight."

I end the call, and set my phone down on the table beside me, before laying back down. The stiff mattress shifts beneath me, as I let out a long sigh, my eyes staring at the ceiling. I look at the paint on the ceiling above me, focussing on its chips and knicks, until I'm bored out of my mind. I wish I could go out and walk around, but the nurses advised against that, in case I faint again. While I doubt that I would, I heed their warnings, and stay put, unable to fall asleep. My mind wanders to Seiji, wondering what I'd do if Oikawa wasn't around to watch him. It'd be far more difficult than this for sure. He makes everything so much easier, with someone else for Seiji to be able to rely on, and for me to rely on too. I wonder if he still thinks all this is worth it, even with the endless inconveniences. I know he likes being around Seiji and I, but how long until that isn't enough anymore?

I know it's wrong to dwell on his past mistakes when he's been so kind, but I can't deny the fact that somewhere deep down I feel like he's just going to abandon me again. But this time it wouldn't just be me he's hurting.