ruel.

A few days have past and I haven't left August's side, I can't. She means too much to me and I can't help but blame myself for what has happened. We don't talk much, we don't need to. We sit in a comfortable silence, the sound of her breath and heart beat is enough for me, it's music to my ears.

I am woken by two new presences in the room, two doctors. They introduce themselves and tell me why they're here. They need to talk to August alone. I know And they know August won't want to so they ask if I can help. I agree and as I do August slowly awakens.

Ruel- hey August, this is doctor lane and doctor baker, they want to talk to you when you're ready.
August- sure but can you stay.
Doctor lane- we'd rather it just be the three of us.
Doctor baker- don't worry
Ruel- hey August, it'll be ok, it'll be quick and then I'll be right back
August- ok

I softy kiss her forehead and get up and walk to the door but before exiting I say.

Ruel- I love you August

She blushes and gives me a small meaningful smile. Which makes me feel better about this situation.

I take a sit in the waiting room. I can't stop fiddling with my fingers. I know exactly what's going on in there but I'm still nervous. I want to be able to comfort August.

Moments later the doctors open the door to let me in. August is sitting there fighting away tears but when I walk in they break the walls and slowly fall down her delicate face. I rush towards her and engulf her in a hug, full of passion and love.

August- I promise

At this moment I know what she is promising and I'm so happy to hear the words come out of her mouth. The doctors leave and we lay down, my arms snakes around her waist and her head rested on my chest. Time goes by and I can hear her soft snores, music to my ears.