august.

I take a deep breath and tuck my hair behind my ears. I take a look at myself in the mirror, one last time, and as I do I form a huge smile on my face.

I walk out towards the car and carefully take a seat. I reposition myself so I wouldn't be ruining the most beautiful thing I've ever worn.

Nerves start to set in and my hands start to shake. I gently fiddle with the golden ring around my ring finger. Circling it around and moving it up and down. The urge to bit my perfectly manicured nails is strong but I resist. I set my gaze on the simplistic fauna that shadows the car I'm being driven in.

We pull up to a long path. I step out of the car, taking my time, and grab a hold of my fathers hand. We pace ourself through the narrow path. As we dive deepen into the walk my ears start hearing the soft and calming sounds of water crashing. We finally make our way to the end of the path where we are meet with the beautiful scenery of the beach I grew up on. Hand in hand with my dad we make our way towards my future.

My eyes focused on each step, shoes sinking in the sand. I raise my view and make eye contact with the love of my life. He gently smiles at me, his eyes watering. I smile back knowing that as long as I'm with him everything will be ok.

I walk past Dylan singing an amazing rendition of, Come away with me by Norah Jones. As I did we make eye contact and I mouth to him a simple thank you.

I give my dad a final hug before the one that was waiting took my hands in his. We stared into each other's eyes, our smiles bigger than ever before. As the ending of Dylan's cover came the celebrant walked towards us.

The ceremony begins,
I, Ruel, take thee, August, to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish, till death do us part.

Ruel - I promise to keep you safe and I promise to make sure to tell you everyday how much I love you and how much you mean to me.

I, August, take thee, Ruel, to be my wedded Husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish, till death do us part.

August - I promise to love you as much as you love me and to cook you some great food just like your mum.

Now you can kiss the bride. And with that we share a long and meaningful kiss that we both smile into halfway through.