Spelling bee pt.2

Leafy POV:

As we ate our lunch, Firey was freaking out. I told him:"You kinda looks cute when you're scared." He blushed, and said:"Stop, you're making me even more nervous." I laughed, and Firey said:"AAARRRGGGHHH!!!! I CAN'T WIN THIS STUPID BET!!!" "No, you can."I said,"You've got what Pencil doesn't. You have heart. Pencil is manipulated by the thoughts of jealousy and grudge, but you can think for yourself." He said:"Okay. Now that's a thought." We continued to eat lunch, and after that... It was time. For. The. Spelling. Bee. Oh god, I am scared for Firey's state of sanity. He must be freaking out in the inside by now.

As we finished up our lunches, an announcement came on:"ALL PEOPLE ATTENDING THE SPELLING BEE, PLEASE REPORT TO THE GYM. YOU WILL BE WATCHED BY the WHOLE SCHOOL AND WE WILL BE FILMING THIS. SO PUT ON A SHOW FOR THE CROWD." Great. Another thing for Firey to worry about. As we walked to the gym, I told Firey:"Remember: don't let her words and success pierce you through like a knife." He was still shivering and his hair was turning blue. Oh god, he only does that when he's extremely cold or extremely nervous. I hugged him, and said:"Oh come on, you'll do great!" Then he went on stage with me. As we waited for all the non-contestants sit down on the bleachers, the teacher said:"Alright, there are thirty of you. You will all be competing for the best scores."

Firey POV:

30 people??? EEEUUUUGGGHHHH!!!!!!! I hate this stupid bet, I hate that I took it, I hate pencil so much for humiliating me emotionally. I won't be able to eyeball this, but I studied. Then we started. "First: Gaty. Spell 'Synchronise'." "S-Y-N-C-H-R-O-N-I-C-E" DING! "I'm sorry Gaty, but you spelled it wrong. You got 30th place, so yeah." Gaty walked down the steps of the stage, looking sad. Oh dear, I hope I don't end up like her.

*timeskip 10 minutes later

Okay, so there are 23 people left. The people who got out are Gaty, Lollipop, Barf Bag, Tree, LIY, Eraser, and Snowball. As the next round went by, I was scared. "Firey, your turn. Spell 'Californium'." "C-A-L-I-F-O-R-N-I-U-M" "Okay, next up is Taco. Spell 'Gauntlet'." "G-A-U-N-T-L-E-T" Hoo boy, this is going to be a long day...

*timeskip 20 minutes

OMOOMOOMOOMOOMOOMOOMO There are 4 more people left. Only me, Leafy, Woody, and Pencil remain. "Okay Leafy, spell 'anachronism'." "A-N-A-C-H-R-O-M-I-S-M" DING! "Sorry, you're out Leafy. You got 4th place, so yeah." Leafy walked down the stage, but she gave me a thumbs up. "Woody, spell 'Nemesis'." "N-E-N-E-S-I-S" DING! "Sorry Woody, but you spelled it wrong. 3rd place." Woody walked down, looking relieved. The school started chanting his name. We always did that before in middle school for the top 3 finalists. After the chanting for Woody died down, Principal announcer came up and said:"Very well. You have all done quite well today. We will determine who the champion is today. It is between Pencil and Firey. I will say the words, and they will have to sound them out. Alright Pencil, your first challenge word will be 'Ambivalence'." "A-M-B-I-V-A-L-E-N-C-E" "Correct! Firey, your first challenge word will be 'Villein'." "V-I-L-uh...L...uh..." 

"Ten more seconds."

 As the school did a countdown, I started shaking. Pencil was giving me the evil eye, and I was sweating like crazy.

 But when the crowd reached 1... 

I said:"V-I-L-L-E-I-N! VILLEIN!!!" 

"Correct! And also in the nick of time too!" Whewf... Principal announcer beckoned us both onto a table near the stage with buzzers on them.

"Okay, we are running out of time. So we will do the biggest word you ever heard. The first person to buzz in gets 3 seconds to think, and then 15 seconds to spell. And this is how it goes: Spell 'Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious'. " WHAT WHAT WHAT??? I didn't have enough time to comprehend! As I did. I got a smirk from Pencil, and shee buzzed in before I did, and said:"S-U-P-E-R-C-A-L-I-F-R-A-J-I-L-I-S-T-I-C-E-X-P-I-A-L-I-D-O-C-I-O-U-S." As Principal announcer looked at her, he said:"Congratulations Pencil, you spelled it wrong." DING! I thought to myself:"I've watched mary poppins for an assignment with Leafy before in 7th grade. I know this!"(I had to do this in 7th grade too, lel) I thought carefully:"Oh! That's it!" I buzzed in, and said:"S-U-P-E-R-C-A-L-I-F-R-A-G-I-L-I-S-T-I-C-E-X-P-I-A-L-I-D-O-C-I-O-U-S" "CORRECT!!! WE HAVE A SPELLING BEE WINNER!!! " Oh thank god. As the whole school started chanting my name, I got pulled of to the side by Pencil, and she said:"You were lucky this time, Firey. You won't be next time." Then she shoved me. I walked over to Leafy. She just stared at me with a sad smile and said:"I'm really happy for you, Firey. I really am."

Well, here it is. The final spelling bee! I was like that once, and I got 2nd place. Pretty nice, right? Anyways, I think that my readers are all great people and they should deserve more attention, like Woody in my story. I think that life is hard for me right now, I'm near to depression, but Fireafy high school tales is one of the things that keep e from going over to the brink of insanity. There are good online friends of mine who plan to quit wattpad, but I don't want them to do that. Instead, just do it. To be honest, I am not a big fan of Nike, but I occasionally include them in my philosophy of life. Even though I sprained my wrist, i am still here. I've been getting a lot of put-downs from my teachers and peers lately, so I hope you all enjoy my stories, and continue to like them! I'd really appreciate it! Anyways, Comment, like, and Follow! Epicemrald out!