Chapter Three

Ivy and Loki walked into the school grounds, Thor already having ran off to meet with his friends. Ivy stood at the gate, gawking, intimidated by the tall building. She was intimidated by the thousands of children and the teachers who set tasks for you to complete by the next day. She wondered what people would think about her. Earlier that morning Frigga had told her that her arrival had not been announced, so nobody knew who she was. Sure, people could think that she is just new and her parents started her late, but they don't know anything about her. Who she is, where she's from, what she's like, therefore they can only speculate as to what type of person she is and the monstrosities from her past, if they were to be unraveled. 

Loki walked ahead not realising that Ivy had stopped as he was caught up in his own thoughts. 'What if people think that she's just like him? What if people hurt her like they hurt him?' Loki wouldn't be able to forgive himself if something were to happen to her. She was so broken mentally, she didn't need to be broken physically as well. They had grown quite close and if something were to happen, Loki would feel as if it was his fault, and he feels that Ivy would catch onto that and blame him as well. Suddenly feeling an empty space next to him, he turned around to see Ivy stuck at the gate, her feet planted into the ground.

He strode back over to her as calmly as possible. "It's not that bad," Loki said to her as he grasped onto her hand, pulling her from her swimming thoughts and dragging her into the school. She may be young, but she was a god, a god that had already lived for over four-hundred years, she was no fool. She could sense the restrain in Loki's voice, the hesitation, the uncertainty. 

"Loki why are you so hesitant whenever you tell me school isn't bad?" Ivy inquired dropping his hand and stopping once again.

Loki kept on walking, making his way to the entrance of the building. "I have no idea what you're talking about," Ivy huffed in frustration and followed him to their first class.

The sound of the bell ringing echoed throughout the school like a ravenous dog, signalling it was breaktime. Loki had informed Ivy that since they are royalty, they have special deliverers from the palace, ordered by the head chef to take fine delicacies to the children to devour. 

The three waited by the gate for the deliverer, Thor talking to Ivy about how he excelled in all the sports and had many friends. Loki rolled his eyes as his brother's voice invaded his brain as he continued to harp on about his school life and how great it was when Loki's was the exact opposite.

"Prince Thor, Prince Loki and Lady Ivy, your food," the children each took their meals and thanked the man, who smiled in return and took off in the opposite direction.

"Ivy, please come and let me introduce you to my friends," Thor proposed loudly so that Loki would hear, knowing it would annoy him. Loki loathed his brother's friends. Always causing havoc and attracting unnecessary attention. He found some of them bearable, like Volstagg, Hogun, Fandral and Lady Sif, but the others drove him into insanity. 

"Okay!" Ivy replied with excitement, oblivious to the fact that she was in for trouble. Loki felt that Thor was doing this on purpose, no, he knew that Thor was doing this on purpose. Since Thor was the rightful heir to the throne, much to Loki's dismay, he believed that he had to live up to this by being popular and always acting too big for his boots. Which included making Loki's life more miserable than it already was. 

"Lady Ivy, I would like you to meet my good friends, Volstagg, Hogun and Fandral," Thor stated pointing to a chubby boy with orange hair, a shorter boy with black hair, and a skinny, cocky looking boy with blonde hair.

"Lovely to meet you!" Volstagg said as he bit into a ham sandwich. Hogun smiled welcomingly to Ivy who smiled back.

"Well hello there! Ivy was it? I'm Fandral, pleasure to meet you. It would be an honour for me to show you aro-" Thor elbowed him in the ribs and a growl exited Fandral's mouth.