Chapter Nine

"Again!" Frigga punched Loki in the gut sending him flying backwards. "My son, your defences need to be far sharper and quicker than that. You will most likely die otherwise."

"I don't understand! Why is it I have to learn to defend myself now? Why can't I learn later? I have much better things to do," he muttered the last part and Frigga's head snapped towards him.

"What was that?"

"Nothing," Loki answered.

"Good, I didn't think so."

"But really mother, why must I learn this now? I mean, the magic part is pretty cool, but the whole 'you must learn to defend yourself my dear boy or you shall be gone!' part I don't understand," Loki said as he imitated his mother.

"Loki you know full well why you must learn this. In fact you know a little too much," Frigga explained and warily looked around the room.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Loki stated sticking his nose in the air and crossing his arms over his chest.

"Not now."

"Not what?"

"No playing games Loki, this is a serious matter and you are treating it as if it is a piece of meat" Frigga turned around three-sixty degrees.

"Is something wrong mother-"

"Ah there you are, Ivy my child come out of the shadows," Ivy looked left and right and at Frigga once she realised she had been caught.

She stepped out from the bookcase she was situated behind and scurried over to Frigga and Loki. "What are you doing hiding in the library eavesdropping on people's conversations dear?" Frigga asked.

"Um, nothing sorry."

"Liar," Loki whispered under his breath.

"Yes Loki is correct," Loki's gaze became fixated on his mother and glared at her. 

"How does she-"

"Well anyways, turns out you came at the perfect time," Frigga cut Loki off and walked over to the nearby chairs, motioning the two children to follow. The two sat down on a couch across from her and got comfy.

"I am going to teach you telepathic communication," she beamed. Ivy's face contorted into confusion and Loki rolled his eyes.

"Mother I already know how to do this," Loki said unenthusiastically.

"That is false, you have never actually practiced it." Loki looked at Ivy and back at Frigga then back at Ivy again.

"Well what about this one? Sorcerer's magic isn't in her nature, and might I mention she has never used magic before" Frigga opened her mouth to say something and raised her hand and pointed a finger at Loki, but nothing came out.

"Uh, 'this one' has a name," Ivy stated. 

Both Frigga and Loki ignored her comment. "She has magic running through her veins, she is the most powerful being in the universe, she will be fine," Frigga waved her hand, shrugging off Loki's comment.

"Let's get started shall we?" Loki groaned and sunk into the couch. Ivy pinched him and he jolted up and rubbed his arm.

"Alright, the first rule about telepathic communication is focus," Frigga explained.

"Well duh," Loki replied and Frigga shot him a death stare. He immediately started listening.

"You need to channel all the energy in your body and focus it on your mind."

"Will we have to do that every time we try to communicate?" Ivy asked.

"No dear, it will come naturally over time," replied Frigga. "You need to have the message you want to send to the other person as clear as a cloudless day in Summer. If it isn't clear, the message will never get across.

"Now Loki, we shall start with you since you are more familiar with this, try and send me a message," Loki stared into his mother's eyes and almost immediately Frigga's eyes widened. 

"How did you get that on the first go?" Frigga asked.

"What can I say? I am the God of Mischief," Frigga rolled her eyes and Ivy scowled at his conceitedness. 

"Well, Ivy it is now your turn." She took in a deep breath, composing herself. She took in deep calm breaths, exhaling just as deeply. She focused all her energy on her brain and sending her message to Frigga. 'This is a test'. She imagined those four words in her brain, as clear as a cloudless day in Summer.

"Ivy?" She is snapped out of her concentration to see a questioning look fixated upon Frigga's face.

"Did I do it?" Ivy looked at Frigga expectantly.

"No, unfortunately not child, but with more practice you will be fine," Ivy sighed in defeat and she heard Loki scoff.

"Told you so," he said before he arose from the couch and walked out of the library. It wasn't the fact that Ivy didn't send her message on the first go that was making her blood boil. It was Loki. 

Why was he being so rude to her lately? Is this just a phase or does he not like her anymore? She thought they were supposed to be friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*not edited*

it is I. I have published. I actually have some ideas for the next few chapters so hopefully chapter ten will come soon. idk though. as I have said multiple times I am in the middle of having to finish assignments and study for exams (and i'm also procrastinating a lot but that's beside the point). also, HAS ANYONE SEEN CAPTAIN MARVEL IT'S SO FREAKING GOOOOOODDD. I LOVE IT. anyways you should totally go watch it. it's just amazing. thanos shall die, the ugly ass grape that he is. carol danvers is a hero. goose is officially THE BEST character. THE END CREDIT SCENES OMMGGGG. I AM SHOOK. anyways thanks for listening to my captain marvel review. I hope you enjoyed it. k bye lol.