Chapter Ten

Ivy stepped out into the beauty that was the Asgardian gardens and inhaled the sweet smell of flowers and the morning dew on the lush green grass. She wrapped her thickly knit cardigan tightly around her to try and fight off the chill sneakily making its way through the material.

She journeyed through the gardens, twisting and turning down pathways until she reached the entrance to the maze. Ivy had discovered the maze on one of the many occasions when the two princes and her had been playing hide and go seek one time, immediately she fell in love. She often went there when she needed time to herself and her emotions were congested. Other times she would go there early in the mornings to sit by the fountain placed in the centre of the maze to watch the sun creep over the towering hedges and see the water sparkle.

Ivy smiled as she sat on the edge of the fountain to be greeted by the glimmering gold fish that inhabited the waters of the ancient cascade. She brought out her book from inside her pocket and flipped through the pages until she found the one she had bookmarked.

She found herself squinting as the sun rose higher and higher, signalling her it was time to go back to the castle. She made it her best attempt just as she did every morning on her retreat from the maze to look as normal as possible as the gardens are quite frankly forbidden before dawn, so when the All-father called her himself from the throne room, she got quite a fright.

She lowered herself to the floor, bowing to the king. "Good morning Lady Ivy."

"Good morning All-father," Odin waved his hand and Ivy rose, her heart pumping with adrenaline. 

"I have organised something for you which I am going to inform you about, however, if you feel neglected towards it, I will understand. Although I must say, this will do you a deal of good." Ivy released a sigh, thankful that he hadn't summoned her presence because she had been roaming the gardens for a great deal of time.

Odin noticed Ivy's contentment, and furrowed his brows in her direction, but shook it off. "Anyways, I would like you to start learning to fight. You will be trained by Asgard's finest trainer, you will start on the same day as Loki, and you will be in the same class as Thor, Hogun, Fandral, Volstagg and Lady Sif as I have noticed you have grown quite close with them."

"Thank you All-father, I would love to," Ivy replied gratefully. She was excited. She was going to learn to fight, she would finally be able to beat Loki's annoying arse. Amongst this excitement, she was also confused.

"All-father? I hope you don't mind me asking but, why must I start to learn to fight?" Odin stared at Ivy, contemplating something within his old mind. He let out a long sigh before answering Ivy's question.

"Because Ivy, you are powerful. Greedy beings will come after you, thirsty for your power, you must know how to defend yourself. That is why," Ivy's eyebrows creased, not fully understanding how she could be so powerful when she could barely outrun Loki, then she remembered what happened at school.

She inclined her head towards the All-father. "You will start training today, midday sharp. You will find training gear in your room, I will be observing your fighting skills, good luck."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*not edited*

i am so terrible at this i am so sorry. i don't want to be coming up with excuses butttt i was just away from home for a week and my mother hates it when i'm on technology and not socialising so i couldn't really write because i don't like to let my family know that that's what i do. issa fun life. anyways i'm back home now so i shall write. also thank you so much for 1.5K reads on Wrath of the Mad Titan! it means soooooo much <3