Chapter Sixteen

As soon as Odin had arrived, it was brought to Loki's attention that he wasn't necessarily meant to be awake. He swiftly closed his eyes and calmed his breathing to make it appear that he was asleep and under heavy drugs. He could hear Odin's heavy footsteps making their way towards his bedside, and only slightly did Loki's heartrate increase for Odin hadn't visited him yet, and he didn't know why he had a sudden need to.

Loki could faintly feel Odin's hot, old breath breathing on his face as Odin peered over him, Loki tried to keep his face as neutral as possible. Luckily Eir entered the room and Odin turned away from the young prince.

"Your Majesty, come to see the prince, have you?" Eir asked politely.

"Hm," Odin responded as he looked back at his youngest son. Odin turned back to Eir halfway, his gaze still locked on Loki, watching intently. "You haven't noticed anything abnormal in the results of the tests you've taken on him, have you?"

Loki had to mentally catch himself to stop him from frowning. 'Abnormalities? What is he talking about?'

"No, of course not, despite the fact that he has suffered significant injuries, he is recovering quickly, and he is well." Silence fell throughout the room as Odin continued to study his son as if he had completely ignored what Eir said.

"Would you like me to take another test on him All-father?"

"No. No, definitely not. Just leave him be, no more tests."

"As you wish All-father. I'll leave you now." Eir left the room as Odin continued to look curiously at Loki. He sighed deeply before walking away and mumbling to himself.

"Always getting into a pickle that one." As Loki heard the heavy doors close, he opened his eyes and squinted as he tried to adjust to the light for his eyes had been closed for too long. Loki groaned and repositioned himself on the uncomfortable bed.

His eyes scanned the room and it was his turn to sigh. If Odin hadn't rudely interrupted him and Ivy, he would have had the chance to finally tell her how he feels about her. But no. Typical Odin had ruin it. His father and Eir's conversation that he had heard seemed to become insignificant. He thought what was the point in fretting over something that he wouldn't find out for a while. At least not stuck in the confinements of a hospital bed. Loki hated the dark walls, the golden doors and the white bedsheets. It was a terrible combination really.

The fact that he was stuck in there for so long, had him thinking about Ivy; she wasn't allowed to leave her room. At all. Loki wondered how boring it must be to have to sit in the same room day in day out and knowing that she'd have to do that for as long as she wished to stay on Asgard. Which judging by how she has nowhere else to go, that won't be for a long time.

Loki's thoughts of Ivy had him thinking about how much he cared about her. He didn't know why he felt for her the way he did, feelings just seem to be uncontrollable. He suddenly became very sorrowful. He knew that if he didn't tell Ivy about his feelings, they would only grow. And the reason he was so paranoid about this was because he got the feeling that Ivy didn't feel the same. He accepted the fact that maybe some things weren't meant to be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*NOT EDITED*

that last line there was a little, tiny, miniscule, maybe gigantic bit cliché but i don't care. this chapter is longer than i expected but longer than it originally was. it was around 200 but now it's around 600 so I'm pleased with that. i hope you're pleased with that too. let me know if you think this story is going a bit slow because i got that gist from one of my friends but anyways. see ya for chapter seventeen.